Chapter 13: Drink Up, Me Hearties, Yo-Ho

Aria peered around a rock at Norrington and his men, steeling herself to swim past them. Taking a deep breath, she slipped under the water and made her way towards the cave. If everything had gone to plan, Jack would have gotten most of the pirates out of the cave by now. As she trudged out of the water, she heard a sudden ringing of swords from inside. She rounded the corner just in time to see Jack crossing swords with Barbossa. Will had somehow gotten ahold of a sword and was dealing with three pirates at once, so Aria decided to even the score.

Snatching up a spare sword, she kicked the closest pirate into the water from behind, buying them a little bit of time. Needless to say, Will was quite surprised to see her, though relieved.

"Aria!"

"No time to talk, Will, behind you!"

The shortest pirate had slipped into a patch of moonlight. Will, who had yet to see the results of the curse, recoiled in surprise, but he just as quickly resumed fighting. Aria was a little bit worried about Jack, but she didn't dare let her attention stray from her own battle to his. That is, until, out of the corner of her eye, she saw Barbossa plunge a sword through Jack's gut.

Her insides went cold, and just like that, she found she couldn't move. Will fended off a pirate just before he could attack her, but then he too paused at the sight as Jack stepped back into the moonlight. The sudden realization that he was okay snapped Aria back into the present moment.

The shortest pirate was back again, rushing at Will with a battle cry. The skinny pirate Will had kept away from her returned as well, cornering her at the other end of the cave. She was holding him off fairly well, but not enough to overpower him and get back to Will, who was now facing two at once. Aria tried to keep an eye on him, but that left her open to her own opponent, so after an explosion distracted her and earned her a gash on her arm, she forced herself to turn away.

For what felt like ages, she knew nothing but the fight. Her versus the pirate. She lasted much longer than she thought she would. Just as she was devising a plan to distract him and run, Will appeared out of nowhere with Elizabeth, shoving the pirate into the water of the pool.

"Whose side is Jack on?" Elizabeth hissed to her.

"At the moment?" Will mused.

Aria rolled her eyes and turned back to face the three pirates once more.

Elizabeth hit the skinny one in the face just as he got up, sending him tumbling back into the water. The short pirate's sword was blocked by Will and Elizabeth hoisting the staff in unison, and Aria skirted around them to distract the tall one.

It was really rather exciting, fighting alongside her sister. Elizabeth was quite good at this. And Will, of course, was a natural. The pirates didn't stand a chance against them.

Will and Elizabeth drove the staff through all three of them at once while Aria lit the fuse of a bomb. They struggled in confusion for a moment, and Aria tossed the bomb to Will.

"Care to do the honors?"

Will chuckled and placed the bomb in the ribs of the pirate in the middle, then together, the three of them shoved the interconnected pirates back out of the moonlight.

"No fair..." the middle one squeaked out.

Aria, Will, and Elizabeth scattered just as the explosion went off. Will dashed up towards the chest of gold pieces, and Elizabeth moved to follow him. Aria saw Barbossa's gun leveled at her sister and sprung into action.