doyoung [ten]

The next night you were running between your bedroom and bathroom, frantically getting ready. Your parents had unexpectedly asked for you to help out at the shop and you'd said yes, thinking that you'd still have plenty of time to get ready. You didn't. You had to speed shower, then change into your fancy outfit and finish getting ready, all with damp hair. Taeyong watched on from your living room, perched on the arm of your couch in his cat form, blue eyes following you as you disappeared though a doorway only to reemerge a moment later, having forgotten something in the previous room. He was licking at his paws when you left your bathroom for the final time that night. Your hair was finally dry and looked presentable, your outfit as well put together as you could get it, and shoes that had been carefully selected by Jaemin on your feet.

"What do you think? Fancy enough?" You asked Taeyong, fingers fidgeting with the hem of the material.

"I like it, but I think you overestimate how much I know about dressing fancy," Taeyong admitted, scratching at his ear with one of his little paws. "I've lived as a cat for the greater part of the past year of my life."

"Oh, right."

His tail swished back and forth for a moment, head tilted as he observed you. It reminded you of before you knew who he really was, when he was just your cat Tama and would observe you curiously.

"What?"

"You've never been this nervous for a date."

"Well, I've never had a date want to take me to anything fancier than Starbucks before," you sighed, now messing with your hair.

"Is that the only reason you're so nervous?"

"Well—ugh, I'm still thinking about what Jaemin said. About how... distant he is with me."

"Oh, right. Well this is going to be your third date, maybe third time's the charm?"

"Maybe."

"Does it really matter what Jaemin thinks about it though?"

"He's my best friend, his opinion does usually matter to me."

"Okay, but don't let it ruin your night, Y/N."

You let out a sigh as he rolled over onto his back, and you gently stroked his soft belly fur, "You're right. Thanks, Yong."

A purr resounded from his throat as you moved your fingers up towards his chest and neck as well.

"Taking dating advice from my cat... that's a new one," you muttered to yourself.

Exiting Doyoung's SUV, you thanked him for holding your door open. He passed the keys to the attendant at the valet stand before guiding you in by a light hand on the small of your back, which you could barely feel through your thick overcoat. Looking at the restaurant you were in front of, you felt sorely underdressed, despite Doyoung having already told you that your clothes would be fine. Inhaling shortly, you tried to calm yourself back down. It was just your nerves getting to you.

He gave his name to the host, who quickly checked for the reservation before guiding the two of you to a small table. Doyoung pulled out your chair for you and you thanked him, setting your heavy overcoat on the empty chair beside you as he sat across from you. Then your waitress showed up with menus and took your drink orders. Both of them had addressed your date as 'Mr. Kim' with a great air of respect, and you could take an educated guess that him and Kun had been here quite a few times.

"So how was your day?" Doyoung asked, not even picking up his menu. More evidence to support your guess, he seemed to already know what he wanted to order.