doyoung [forty-two]

Finally at the shrine, you were surprised when you saw neither Jungwoo and Sungchan. Surely, they could sense you, and from the note you'd sent Jungwoo yesterday, knew what you were going to be doing.

"Do you think Jungwoo and Sungchan will try to stop us?" You asked Mark quietly, an uneasy feeling settling in over you.

"What, like physically? No, Master Jungwoo's a pacifist, really. Don't let the death flute fool you."

"And Sungchan?" Jeno snorted.

"Master Jungwoo leads, Sungchan follows."

When you got around to the back of the shrine where the small courtyard was, you shouldn't have been surprised by who you found. Jungwoo and Sungchan were there, standing in front of the one thing you needed: the altar in the middle of the courtyard. Jungwoo was the nearest to you, smiling warmly, while his brother was directly in front of the altar, the hilts of two swords on his back notably visible over his shoulders.

"Y/N," Jungwoo began. "I imagine you know what I am going to say."

"'Don't summon a great evil in an attempt to bring your boyfriend back to life, Y/N, that's really fucking stupid of you and you're probably going to die you hopeless idiot.' Already got that from Renjun, Sicheng, and Johnny, thanks."

"Not with such language, and I do not believe you are any sort of fool," the Tsukumo-gami said gently, approaching you and offering his hands out to you. "I simply believe that you are in love and are hurting badly from suffering such a great loss."

You looked down at his hands, chewing on the inside of your cheek as you kept your own hands stuffed in your hoodie pocket.

"You're right, Jungwoo. But I'm still going to do this."

He retracted his hands, folding them into the sleeves of his pale green yukata, "Why?"

"You're not going to talk me out of this, sorry," you walked around him, Mark and Jeno trailing behind you.

As you approached the altar, Sungchan raised a brow inquisitively at you, moving his hands to hover over the hilts of his weapons.

You snorted at the action, "What, are you gonna kill me?"

"No, Y/N," Jungwoo interjected, causing his brother to drop his hands and step aside. "But as your friend, it hurts me to see you in such great pain that'd you be willing to do this."

"Then leave, so you don't have to see it." You held your hand out towards Mark, who handed you the ritual book. Setting it on the stone altar, you began flipping through the pages to get to the right one. Unfortunately Mark wouldn't let you dog-ear his several hundred year old sacred Onmyoji text.

Jungwoo was still going on, "Y/N, I am begging you to please just wait and think this through."

"I already have."

Then Mark spoke, uneasiness in his voice, "Uh, Y/N, I really think you should wait like thirty more seconds."

"What? No," you scoffed, eyes skimming the headings of pages as you turned them.

"Seriously, Y/N," Jeno came over to the altar, attempting to close the book.

You held it open, glowering at him, "Why the hell are you two suddenly pulling back?"

"Lady Onmyoji, your grief is clouding your ability to see the situation properly."

Suddenly a wet patch appeared on your hoodie sleeve, and you looked down with surprise at the single drop of water there. You didn't realize you had been crying. As you went to wipe at your eyes, they were dry. Then more small, wet drops fell on you, some on your exposed hands and face, and you shuddered when you realized they were cold.