doyoung [nineteen]

That evening, you were back at Lenticular Café. You and Taeyong had left the café after Renjun's disastrous allergic reaction and spent the rest of the afternoon separately preparing for your next week. You spent most of the time packing your suitcase and several bags full of all your warmest winter clothes. Layers upon layers upon layers, which Doyoung had specifically stressed for you to bring. The Snow Kingdom was going to be freezing. He had called while you were in the middle of packing and in between him nagging you about packing even more layers, you'd told him about the unfortunate incident with Sicheng.

Taeyong had moodily packed up his own bag of cat toys, cat beds, and all the cans of cat food in your pantry. He was not appreciative of where he was going to be staying for the next week.

Yuta was stood smugly across from the two of you in Lenticular Café—neutral ground for the trade-off. It felt very much like a reverse hostage exchange, giving the hostage over to the bad guys rather than getting them back. Not that you thought Yuta was a bad guy, but that was certainly Taeyong's opinion, which the Nekomata made very clear. His arms were crossed over his chest like a brooding child, nose upturned as he refused to even look at the Kitsune.

Alas, Nakamoto Yuta had been the only one of your Ayakashi friends who could house Taeyong while you were away. Despite how much Taeyong despised him, you knew that his reluctance to stay alone in the apartment for so long was much greater. He needed to be with someone, even if he hated that someone. And Yuta even had an entire guest room for Taeyong to stay in rather than just a couch to sleep on, so it was more space than he got even in your own apartment.

"I can just stay in my human form!" He tried to plead with Renjun, but the Satori was firm on his stance.

"No fucking way," Renjun's face had mostly returned to normal, probably because Johnny had vacuumed every cat fur that Taeyong had left in his short foray upstairs. "You're going to get too excited over a can of tuna or something and pop out your ears or tail or something and I'm going to be the one to suffer for it!"

"Aw come on, pretty kitty, I don't bite," Yuta grinned, flashing his canines at the Nekomata teasingly.

"I do," Taeyong hissed back.

"What if I'm into that?"

You slapped a hand over your mouth to conceal your chuckle as the white-haired man only became even more indignant. Finally, you interjected in an attempt to calm the conversation once more, "Alright, come on you two. I want everybody to be alive and non-maimed when I get back, understand?"

The Kitsune went to defend himself, "I wasn't making any sort of threats."

You gave him a pointed look, "You were instigating and you know it."

Yuta only gave that same shit-eating grin as before, looking to Taeyong expectantly.

"Fine," the Nekomata agreed as well.

"Great," you feigned cheerfulness, slinging your backpack onto your back, another duffel bag over your shoulder, and grabbing the handle of your suitcase. "Have fun you two!"

"You're leaving already?" Taeyong's voice was panicked. "I thought he was meeting you here."

"Yeah, he's outside," you gestured to the front window, where Doyoung's SUV had just pulled up.

Johnny spoke up nonchalantly, "Ashamed of us, Y/N?"

"What?"

"We've never met Doyoung as your boyfriend, just that one time when he and Kun picked us up. You guys are serious enough for you to be going to his home on a rescue mission to save his people, but we haven't actually had a single conversation with him. I'm not trying to make accusations, but I can't help but wonder."