doyoung [thirty-four]

With all your schoolwork done for the week, Taeyong dropped off at Yuta's place, and your overnight bag packed and slung over your shoulder, you were following the now-familiar path to the Erethulian mountain trail. It had been three weeks since your first visit to the Snow Kingdom, meaning that finals were coming up. But you put that out of your mind quickly, just like you did every weekend. You only had a few days with your boyfriend and other Erethulian friends, and you wanted to be fully present, not still ruminating over whatever worries you had to greet you back home.

This time when you reached the entrance to the tunnel, it was Minhee and Jaewoon who greeted you. Minhee let go of her girlfriend's hand to throw her arms around your neck, and you were glad that you already had a thin jacket on in preparation.

"I'm always stunned by how much I miss you when you're gone, Onmyoji."

"I miss you when I'm gone, too, Min," You squeezed her back before letting go, freeing you up for a one-armed hug from the taller Erethulian. "Hey, Jaewoon. How are you guys? What's changed since last week?"

The three of you chatted as you traversed the tunnels, you slowly adding layers as you went. They were with you all the way up to the front door of the castle, Minhee filling you in on all the latest having to do with the castle workers, and Jaewoon filled you in on the hockey team. As you stepped in, you looked around with a confused frown. Doyoung typically would have found you by now, you always arrived around the same time.

"The Prince must've gotten stuck in a meeting," Minhee suggested before you could even open your mouth.

"I'm going to put my stuff in the Yearling Quarters, then," you announced, turning to the two women. "I'll find you guys before the game tonight?"

"No hockey game today," Jaewoon informed you, seeming absolutely crestfallen at the cancellation of the weekly hockey game.

"What? Why?"

"Too many Wraiths in the valley. The Prince coming back scared them away for a bit but they're getting cocky again."

Your attention was caught by this information, "I know how to banish them now!"

The hockey player lit up at your words, "You do?"

"Yeah, I've been practicing it all week with Jungwoo."

"Come on then!" She grabbed your arm, taking off at nearly a run.

You jogged in order to keep up with her long legs, Minhee scrambling after the two of you.

"Jaewoon! Slow down, babe, the Wraiths will still be there if we get there sixty seconds later!"

"Sorry! Sorry!" She said, not slowing down in the slightest.

As you were dragged behind her, you avoided knocking other Erethulians to the ground only because they saw you coming and moved out of your way.

"What's going on?" One of the other hockey players asked as Jaewoon approached then passed him.

"Onmyoji's gonna banish the Wraiths!" Jaewoon yelled over her shoulder.

The word quickly spread, Erethulians falling in behind the three of you as you continued your descent further and further towards the valley. Soon enough, you could see a mass of darkness, form ever-changing, and red eyes constantly sweeping across the landscape in front of it as it roamed. There was only one, easy enough.

Before you could fully reach the grass, the crowd of Erethulians fell back from you, leaving only yourself, Jaewoon, and Minhee approaching. The Wraith whipped around, red eyes focusing in on you.