doyoung [twenty-four]

Half an hour later, and you finally settled into the Yearling Quarters. As soon as you realized that you were finished, exhaustion swept over your body and mind. It had been a taxing day, both mentally and physically. And spiritually, you realized. It was strange, having a new aspect of you that could become tired. Your Onmyoji powers.

A yawn split your mouth open, and you looked around for any indication of what time it was. Sure, you had your phone, but it was off. No charging ports, you had to conserve the battery for the week that you were going to be here. There was a window behind you, and it was pitch black outside. Good, it was definitely nighttime. You shuffled over to the window, peering out of it first down at the town, where you could see pathways lit by iridia crystals and moonlight. They were empty, presumably most Erethulians were indoors at this point. Then you looked up at the stars, twinkling far above you.

As another wave of exhaustion washed over you, you contemplated if unbundling yourself to change into pajamas was even worth it. You'd have to just put all the layers back on. Deciding that it wasn't worth it, you flopped face-first onto your side of the bed, where you had practically created a nest of blankets and quilts for yourself. You had barely touched down when you realized your mistake. You still had a bra on. No way were you going to sleep with an underwire poking into your chest.

With a big sigh and great effort, you stood up once more, and began removing your layers. First the outer parka, then the inner parka, then your thick overcoat, then your crewneck sweater, and you stopped at your longsleeve. The chill of Erethulia was quickly seeping into you at the lack of barrier, so you kept what clothing on you that you could. Reaching under your shirt, you unclipped the back of your bra and pulled your arms into your shirt to be able to remove the straps. Sticking your arms back through your sleeves, you grabbed the bra from under your shirt and tucked it into your suitcase.

You rushed to put your crewneck back on, a shiver running through your body. In that second you made an executive decision: no more bra, it wasn't worth it. Looking between all your blankets and quilts, and your parkas, you figured that you might not need all those layers, your bedding would be your extra layers. So you instead grabbed an emergency hoodie and placed it on the nightstand beside the bed.

The sounds of Doyoung doing his nighttime routine in the bathroom brought a fond smile to your face. The domesticity of it all. The chill of the air penetrated your few layers, ushering you under the multitude of fuzzy blankets and heavy quilts. You pulled them up over your nose so that just your eyes were peeking over the covers. A shiver went through your body, but this was one of contentment at the warm cocoon you had crafted for yourself.

Doyoung emerged from the bathroom a moment later, in a pair of grey sweatpants and white t-shirt, making you shiver sympathetically. Of course he wasn't actually cold, though. You were sure he could sleep naked and be just fine. When his eyes met yours, a fond smile tugged at the corner of his mouth.

"Cozy?"

"Yep!"

"Good," he climbed into the bed as well, under the singular sheet.

You shifted around to lay on your side, facing Doyoung. He did the same, tucking his hand between his cheek and the pillow as the two of you stared each other down from two feet away.

"C'mere," you requested, unable to move yourself closer to him.

He arched an eyebrow, staying right where he was, "Why?"

"Wanna kiss."

"Y/N..."

"Just one."

"Just one?" Doyoung asked, clearly doubtful.

"Maybe two?" You bargained.

Doyoung scooted closer to you, reaching a hand into your nest to cradle the back of your head. You pulled the blankets down to free up your mouth. He guided your head closer to his, kissing your forehead first.

"One."

Next, he connected his lips to yours, and your heart soared within your chest as you eagerly kissed him back.

"Two."

"Three?"

"Y/N."

"Doyoung," you mimicked his chastising tone. "You can feel how warm I am."

"Yes, and I'd like to keep it that way."

"I can regulate, remember?"

"You weren't regulating earlier."

"I got distracted."

"And this won't be distracting?"

"I've done it plenty of times before."

Doyoung's features suddenly pinched into a thoughtful frown, "Is everything okay? You're more... persistent than usual."

"You're more resistant than usual," you huffed, well aware of how childish you were being.

"Y/N, tell me what's on your mind."

"In the Lady's Spring..." you took a moment to put your feelings into words that made sense. "It was nice, being able to hold you like that, without worrying about my circulation or whatever other bullshit keeps us from doing that all the time. Minus the part where I was having a panic attack, but you know what I mean."

"Like I said, the Lady's Spring adjusts to whatever you need, and it knew you needed me."

"I still do."

"We can go back there again," he reassured you. "Tomorrow after we eat breakfast I'll probably have a lot of people to meet with. I'll have Minhee take you through the castle, then you and I can eat lunch in the Lady's Spring. How does that sound?"

"Can we do that? Have lunch in one of the most sacred and spiritual places in Erethulia?"

"Yes, it's meant to be used frequently, no matter how small the need."

"I just don't want to be disrespectful."

"This is how we respect it."

"Okay, good. It's a date then."

"Can I ask a favor?"

"Of course."

"Just stay in the castle with Minhee tomorrow morning. I meant it when I said I want to show you my home, I want to be the one to show you the rest of Erethulia."

You smiled at him, "I'd like that, Doyoung."

He surprised you by surging forward to lock his lips with yours. You made a startled noise against his mouth before relaxing into it, kissing him back readily.

"Three," he whispered before giving you one last peck. "Four. Happy?"

"Very. You?"

"Happy."

Doyoung scooched back to his side of the bed, still facing you. You looked up at the iridia crystals on the ceiling, squinting against the light coming from them.

"So how do you turn those off?"

He clapped sharply, and you were immediately swallowed up by darkness.

"Oh."

"Goodnight, Y/N."

"Goodnight, snowflake."