11-Time Has Passed

This coming up week is Lorenzo and I's one year anniversary and a year since iv'e been working in the mafia. It's crazy to think about how much time passed. We sold my house a few weeks after the night I killed Russo, and It turns out the buyer was Ricardo. He told me he felt like it was a safe space for me and if I ever needed to stay he wanted to give me that option. 

"Are you ready babe?" Lorenzo walks into the closet and stares at me. "Yeah I'm.. what?" He smirks "You look absolutely breath taking bella." I blush and walk up to him to give him a kiss on the cheek "You look good too." He takes my hand and we head out of the penthouse to Giaccamo's house. "You know this is my first actual dinner party? Minus the ball, but I don't think that classifies, what's this for by the way?".  He hums in response and thinks about his answer, "My father probably just wants to celebrate". I nod and stare out the window till we arrive. 

We walk into the mansion and its brighter then usual, the once dark features are now vibrant and there's light classical music playing in the background, "Wow your dad went all out huh?" He gives a nervous chuckle "Yeah I guess so". "Ah Y/n amore mio, come stai? (Ah Y/n my love, how are you?)". A large grin appears on my face "Luca, Natalia! Sto bene, come stai? Mi siete mancati ragazzi. (Luca, Natalia I'm good, how are you? I've missed you guys)" I give both of them a kiss on each cheek. "Siamo ben bella, è cosi bello vederti. (We are good beautiful, its so nice to see you)" Natalia speaks up. Lorenzo clears his throat "Cosa? Non ti manchi? (What? You don't miss me?)" Luca and Natalia laugh and Lorenzo gives them both a kiss on each cheek. 

I go to the kitchen to get some water when a hand snakes around my waist and makes me jump, "Jesus Sammy, you scared the fuck out of me" She giggles. "Sorry babes I just couldn't help myself you look too good." I roll my eyes then laugh when I see Lorenzo glaring at Sammy from the hallway. Ricardo's dad comes up to me "Hello Y/n it's a pleasure to see you again" I shake his hand, "Like wise Mr. Moretti" He gives me a warm smile "Andrew please, and I want to thank you for being apart of my sons life. He doesn't stop boasting about you being like family to him, and if you're family to him then you're family to me." I give him a warm smile and he gives me a kiss on the cheek. Ricardo runs in and lifts me "WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME YOU GUYS ARRIVED!" Sammy, Lorenzo, and his dad bursts out in laughter. He puts me down and I pat shit shoulder "Ricky have I ever told you you have attachment issues?". He frowns at me "Yeah like every day...then there's that time you gave me and ad for a therapist...then you gave me your therapists number." I give him a smile and everyone burst out in laughter again. Then we hear cleaning from the dining area and we make our way to it.

*CLINK* *CLINK* *CLINK* *CLINK*

"I'm very grateful to have so many faces here, as you know I love a good celebration and just couldn't help myself from hosting this one. Y/n my son is a complicated man" My face twist in confusion at his sudden comment and attention Giaccamo put on us and Lorenzo looks just as confused, "But....you have seemed to crack his code and for that I'd love to welcome you as a trusted person in my life even though Iv'e already let you hold that spot for a while." I'm still unsure where this is going when Giaccamo looks at me then gestures to my side. Gasps fill the air and when I turn, Lorenzo is down on one knee. "Bella, amore mio. You are my everything and I can't go on without you as my wife anymore. Please Y/n, will you marry me?". A tear escapes my eye and I'm stunned. The room is quiet waiting for my answer and the joy that's in Lorenzos face slowly falls as I wait to answer him. "Lorenzo....Of corse I'll marry you" He slides the rock on my finger and lifts me up. Everyone in the room is clapping and cheering for us when the door gets kicked down. Giaccamo's face turns cold "And what animal ruins such a special occasion? My son just got engaged have more manners then that Maxwell". The officer laughs "I don't give two shits about your son Lombardi, the girl should know better then to involve herself with a family like this." Sammy laughs "A family like this? boy you are out of your mind" Christiano pulls her back and whispers something in her ear that shuts her up. Lorenzo whispers in my ear "Don't do anything stupid, I know you want to protect us but please." I shove him away from me "What the fuck do you want Angelo?" He looks at me shocked. But I did my research on him the day he showed up at the cabin. "So we're on a first names basis now Y/n? I'd congratulate you on the engagement, but your fiancé is coming with me, Boys cuff him and bring him in." I laugh in his face "Boy's if you make any moves towards him consider yourselves dead" They stop their movement and Maxwell looks confused. "You see Maxwell I myself have a very large influence on  the officers you run without my fiancé's doing. Now if you don't want to end up like daddy, then I suggest you leave".  His face turns white "A-are you threateing an officer?". I let out a sadistic laugh "ArE yOu ThrEaTeNinG- Shut the fuck up. You don't come into my father-in-law's house and try to make an arrest on MY FIANCÉ DO YOU HEAR ME". I'm slowly blacking out, but at this point I was in Maxwells scared face with a knife up to his throat. "Not so tough now are you?" An arm swoops under me and pulls me back, "Bella you need to stop doing stuff like this" I scowl at him and Giaccamo and Andrew walk the officers out except for Maxwell. Christiano takes him to a back room. "Put me down" I wiggle in Lorenzos arms, Ricardo comes next to us and gives me a high five and Lorenzo swats his hand away as he puts me down. "Bella I told you not to do anything stupid" He pinches the bridge of his nose. "Enz, Iv'e been collecting so much dirt on Maxwell and the whole precinct, I practically own them." He looks at me stunned. I flash him a smile and Giaccamo comes up to us and Lorenzo stiffens. "Well... I'd welcome you to the family, but you've already been apart of it since the day you saved our ass's against Russo." He gives me a kiss on the cheek and heads towards the back room with Andrew and Ricardo. "How is it you're the son of a mafia leader....but act nothing like it?" He tilts his head in confusion "I mean... I don't know, you're not sensitive, but you don't seem as damaged as you should be. You don't talk about it but I know your father abused you after your mother died, and I know you hold resentment for him for all the things he forced you to do, but you don't let it show. You've been through a lot but you make it seem like you've had a normal perfect childhood." He drops his head nodding. "Bella, I was off the wagon before I met you. A complete psychopath. And no I didn't change FOR you, I changed BECAUSE of you. No I can't explain it because I truly don't understand how I went from one end of the spectrum to the other. I just know I love you." I smile at him and cup his cheek "I don't think that's how being a psychopath works, but I love you too, now if you'll excuse me I have a cop to torture". He shakes his head "I'm coming with you".  I smile "I mean if you insist".