18-

The car ride was too quiet for my own comfort so I reach over to turn on the radio, Tom Odells Heal started playing and I scuffed.

"Take my mind and take my pain,

Like an empty bottle takes the rain, 

and heal, heal"

     "Easy, don't reach like that you're going to pop a stitch." He glanced over with worried eyes and I give him a quick nod.

     "Can you please change the song?" He clicks the button and Alec Benjamins, If We Have Each Other comes on.

"The worlds not perfect, but its not that bad,

If we got each other, and its all we have,

I'll be your lover and I'll hold your hand,

I will always be there for you."

     "Jesus what's will all these songs?" He tilts his head and shrugs his shoulders. I shake my head and stare out the window and Lorenzo puts his hand on my thigh rubbing circles with his thumb. I place my hand over his and squeeze it slightly letting out a breath I didn't realize I was holding in.

     "Why don't we stop at a diner or something? You haven't had a real meal in a few days." I turn to him and give him a sad smile. "Yeah sure."

     He quickly changes our destination to the nearest diner. As he turns the car off he gives me a warning look to not move and I oblige. He runs out to my side and opens the door for me, then helps me out of the car. He gives me a kiss on top of my head then walks me into the diner. 

     He helps me into a booth, "Maybe a table would have been better?". I shake my head no at him. "This is good, it's more comfortable." He nods his head with a warm smile and goes to sit across from me. 

     Our waitress comes up to our table and eyes Lorenzo down. "If you keep looking at him like that and don't ask us what we want, I'll fucking cut your tongue out and let you choke on it." She widened her eyes and took a step back while Lorenzo tries his best to conceal a chuckle.

     "W-what uh, um. Do you guys know what you want?" I flash a cheesy sarcastic smile. "Yes actually, I'll have a grilled chicken caeser salad and a lemonade." She writes it down and without picking her head up she asks, "A-and you sir?". Lorenzo scratches his chin for a minute, "I'll have a cheeseburger deluxe with fries and a water please." She writes it down and scurries away. 

     "Bella you need to control you anger." He says while smiling and shaking his head. I raise my brow at him "Nows not really a good time for anger management my love." I say half serious half sarcastically. His smile drops and he clears his throat. A different waiter comes by our table and places our drinks down. I give him a  nod, "Thank you". He returns the nod with a smile and walks away.

     I'm zoned out starting at my glass of lemonade. "Bella?".  The whole day we had when I got stabbed was playing through my head. "Y/n" Lorenzo's voice snapped me out of my daze. "Hm?". He looks at me with concerned eyes, "Talk to me, what's going on in that little head of yours." I shake my head at him "Nothing". And just like a call from god our food comes.

     As we eat in silence Lorenzo gets a call, "Yo", "Yeah she's fine why?", "Nah we stopped at a diner, what's going on?", "Cut the shit Chris what's going on?" He palms his face in frustration, "Alright, we'll go to Rickys. Yeah bye".  

     "What's wrong?" His eyes hold anger and he clenched his jaw. "The house was broken into, they left a note. They want you dead bella." I slowly nod as I absorb what Lorenzo is telling me. "Lorenzo once I'm fully healed I want you to know I'm going after them. All of them" He shakes his head no, "ABSOLUTELY NOT!" He bangs his hand on the table.