Chapter 9

It wouldn't take long before they reached the nail salon. Apparently, Vivianne had done her research when it came to getting your nails done in this area and had already made an appointment. Soon the two of them were sitting right next to each other, both of them getting their nails done.

"It's weird though, I just can't imagine Liam as Mr Jerkface," Vivianne said looking down at her nails as the nail tech started applying the first coat of polish, "I mean I never imagined them being the same person."

Katy huffed, "Same here. I can't imagine Mr Jerkface as Liam." She chuckled, " I mean I've heard you talk about Dave's college roommate over a hundred times and he sounded like a nice guy."

"And he is." Vivianne said looking over at Katy, "Trust me, else he wouldn't be Dave's best man."

"I guess so."

For a moment they were quiet before Vivianne spoke up once more, "And I mean, " She paused for a moment, "I mean Liam's not ugly."

"You mentioned that."

"Oh come on, you've gotta see it too." Vivianne said, turning to Katy again, "I mean come on, his accent, those looks, the accent again."

Katy chuckled, "Gee Viv if I didn't know any better, I'd say you have a crush on the guy."

"But you do know better." Vivianne said with a giggle, "I wouldn't trade in my Dave, but, I mean I'm not blind."

"I can see it and I can hear it, doesn't make him less of an asshole."

"Okay, I just gotta ask." The blonde-haired nail tech who was doing Vivianne's nails asked, "Who's Liam and how do you guys know him?"

"Well," Vivianne started before Katy could even open her mouth, "I'm getting married this week, she's my sister," She said pointing at Katy, "and Maid of Honor, and my fiance's best friend, Liam, is his best man. "

The nail tech nodded.

"However, he's also let say..." She paused for a moment thinking, "Her nemesis I guess?"

"Nemesis?!" Katy exclaimed, "I wouldn't go that far. He's just a guy I run into at work a lot and he's a jerk."

"Nemesis," Vivianne said nodding.

"Oh, juicy..." The other nail tech said, "But did you guys know this in advance?"

Vivianne shook her head, "Nope."

"Even juicier," the other nail tech said with a smile, "So what kind of work do you and him do?"

Viviane cracked a smile, "Funny you ask that, they are divorce attorneys"

With that their conversation kicked off, launching into all the details about the wedding, Katy and Liam. In the end, the appointment ended up taking longer than expected. Mostly due to the fact that they were all enjoying the gossiping too much.

Afterwards, they headed back to the hotel and dropped the car off at the valet once more. Together they headed to Viviane's cabin, drinking a cup of coffee together as they sat behind the cabin in the garden.

At some point, however, they heard the sound of people approaching. "Ah, I think the men have returned," Viviane said as they got closer. Katy on the other hand was sitting with her back to where the men were coming from and therefore did not see them. "What the hell happened to you guys?" Vivianne exclaimed laughing.

At that Katy turned around, and her hand shot to her mouth as she laughed, "Oh my god..."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, laugh." Dave said somewhat annoyed but mostly amused, "Let's just say we're not cut out for fishing."