Chapter 16

In the end, it didn't take Katy too long to find the valet ticket, and soon the five women were sat in the two cars and on their way to the dress fitting. Melissa and Cassie drove together in their car, and Claire joined the sisters in the other.

Getting there was a bit of a hassle, as Vivianne had the address, but she wasn't the best at giving directions. Eventually, that task went to Claire, who got them there right on time.

Once inside the store, they were brought to a fitting area and offered a glass of champagne. The employees then brought over the wedding dress and five bridesmaids' dresses.

"So do we all put them on at once, or do we go one by one?" Melissa asked, taking a sip of her champagne.

"I'd say one by one, sounds more fun." Vivianne said, looking at the girls, "and, you're going first." She said to Cassie.

After that, each girl took turns in putting on the dress and checking if they fit just right. Originally Vivianne wanted all of them to be in the same dress, but she changed it to the five of them wearing a different style, but in the same color. So all the dresses were the same peridot colour, but in a different length and style.

Claire got a strapless dress with a sweetheart neckline, that was full length. Melissa wore a shorter, fifties inspired dress in the same color with a low plunging neckline. Cassie, who initially didn't like the thought of wearing a green dress, wore a backless dress with a high neckline.

The final bridesmaid to put on the dress was Katy, who due to scheduling conflicts, had never tried the dress on before. Instead she had just let Vivianne pick the dress and sent in her measurements.

The dress was the same colour as the others, it was floor length, with a split on the side. It was an off shoulder strapless dress and surprisingly, it fit perfectly.

Quite happy with how it looked, Katy stepped out of the dressing room and went up to the small plateau to show the girls.

"Oh my god..." Vivianne said as she saw her, "I knew that dress was perfect for you."

Katy smiled as she looked at herself in the mirror. While she would've never chosen such a dress for herself, Vivianne was right, it did look rather good on her.

"You're gonna outside me..." Vivianne chuckled, "We can't have that."

The rest of the girls laughed as they complemented Katy, not it was time for the bride to put on her dress.

Now Katy did already know what the dress looked like, as Viv had already sent her pictures of it. The first thought she had upon seeing the dress was that it reminded her of the dress from Twilight and while Viv didn't want to admit it, she once was the biggest Twilight fans.

The bridesmaids, which now all sat in their dresses, waited patiently for the bride to come out. But surprisingly it took longer than expected. Once she walked out she didn't look as excited as Katy had hoped.

With a bit of a frown on her face, Vivianne came out and stepped on the plateau. Katy immediately noticed what was wrong, the dress appeared to be too big.

"That's... A little big," Cassie replied, always the tactfull one.

"I noticed..." Vivianne said looking at it.

"Nothing they can't fix," Katy said standing up, and walking over to her, "See?" She said taking in the extra fabric in the back making the dress fit in the front.

Vivianne smiled a little, "They'll have to take it in a little."

"That's why we have the fitting," Claire said nodding.

"I'll go and get the lady to take it on," Cassie said getting up.

"Guess I was a little more stressed than I thought I'd be." Vivianne said softly.

"It's alright," Katy whispered, as she hugged her sister, "You look stunning never the less."

As the lady from the store got to work on figuring out where to make adjustments on Viv's dress, the final bridesmaid arrived at the store.

Now Thea was the one Katy knew the least about. She was one of Viviane's collogues at the school, another kinder garden teacher. They met when Vivianne started working at the school five years ago, and over time became friends. Katy had only met her once, but heard quite a bit about her.

Thea was quite the artistic one so to say. She always wore eccentric outfits, and was never afraid to try something new. She has the kindest smile, and for some unknown reason made everyone feel at ease.

So, when she entered the store, everyone was excited to see her. Nearly immediately she tried on her bridesmaid's dress. It was the same color as the rest, but the shortest of them all with long bell sleeves. It had to be taken in a little at the bust, but otherwise it was perfect.

Once they were all back into their own clothes, Katy went over to the lady from the store. "Alright," The lady said putting on her glasses and staring down at her notes, "So one dress has to be taken in at the bust, three dresses are fine, one has to be let out at the waist and the bride's dress has to be taken in all over?" She said reading the note.

Katy frowned, did one have to be let out? "Which one has to be let out a little?" She asked looking at the sheet of paper.

"Dress number three." The lady replied.

'Melissa's dress?' Katy thought for a moment, should I check this with her? Deciding against it she simply confirmed with the lady and confirmed she would be picking up the dresses on Thursday.

By now the girls were already outside and ready to leave, "So who's up for cocktails?" Viv said excitedly.