Chapter 12

"Cassie and Melissa will be here in about an hour," Katy said with a sigh as she walked back over to the table. "Honestly, I don't know how those two function. 

Viv chuckled, "That does sound like Cassie and Melissa, but then they'll be there with time to spare." She said, putting down her coffee, "So, should we then head to the cabin and go over everything one more time?"

"Whatever you say, boss," Katy said with a smile and a wink.

"And here I thought you weren't allowed to talk about work," David said, sipping his coffee with a mischievous look in his eyes. 

Liam chuckled, shaking his head as Vivianne replied, "Oh hush, she can talk about her job as maid of honour." 

After saying goodbye to the men, they started heading over to the cabin. "So about the dance class..." Viv started, "There is one thing I maybe should tell you." 

"And that is?" Katy said, raising an eyebrow in suspicion.

"Well..." Viv started, not meeting her gaze, "We thought it would be cute if the bridesmaids danced with the groomsmen." She said, still not looking at her, "I mean, it was perfect; both you and the best man didn't bring a plus one, so..." 

"So I have to dance, to ballroom dance, with Liam?" Katy said with a strained smile on her face, "Oh, how fun."

"I'm sorry, I didn't know-" Viv started, turning to look Katy in the eye, an apologetic look in her eyes as Katy cut her off.

"It's alright; you don't have to say sorry. Like you said you didn't know. Besides, I should've somewhat seen this coming." Katy said with a soft smile, "I'll be fine. If he's annoying, I'll step on his toe." 

Vivianne chuckled as they reached the cabin.

"And if he's really annoying, then I'll make sure to use the heel," Katy said with a stepping motion. 

"Alright," Vivianne said, still laughing, as she went into the cabin, "I'll go and get the binder; I'll be out in a second." 

Katy nodded and sat down on the porch chair. As she stared off into the garden for a moment, her phone buzzed in her pocket. Thinking it was one of the bridesmaids, she grabbed it, but it was Phillip. 

Have you seen this?

Attached to it was a link to a webpage. It was a gossip magazine's website where often celebrity news would appear, and the headliner read, "Hollywood divorce of the century about to start, what will happen?" Katy scanned the article until she reached the line Phillip most likely meant. 

"Rumour has it that one of the two will be represented by Mr William Clark, an attorney who has represented many a celebrity in the past..." 

Katy didn't bother to read past that point. Instead, she just stared at that line. How was this possible? He was here when they split up... How did he get this job? 

She was so lost in thought that she didn't even hear her sister approach. "Are you alright? You look a little zoned out?" Vivianne said, placing the binder on the table. 

Katy jumped up, immediately locking her phone, "Oh yeah, sorry, someone sent me a link." 

"To what?" Vivianne said, opening the binder. 

"An article about someone I know." 

"Anything juicy?" Viv asked, wiggling her eyebrows. 

Katy chuckled, "Nothing of the sort. Now let's get to the wedding stuff." 

"Okay, so this afternoon we have the dance class," Vivianne said, as she pointed to the page in the binder, "And then -" 

"Wait, isn't it the 18th today?" Katy said, looking at the binder. 

"Yeah, why do you-," Vivianne started as her eyes went wide, "oh my god..." She muttered, staring at the page, "That says the 19th doesn't it?" 

"It does"

"Oh shit, oh shit", Vivianne started muttering, "But tomorrow we have the dress check, and after that, I have the dinner with Dave's parents; I need to get ready for that, I don't have the time..." 

Before she could continue, Katy started talking, "Alright, so I'll call the dance place, ask them if they can move the dance class to this afternoon; if they can't, I'll see if I can move the dress fitting." 

Vivianne nodded, "That could work..." 

Katy didn't wait for more of a response as she started dialling the number written down next to the appointment. Standing up, she walked away from the cabin for a moment as she waited for someone to pick up the phone on the other end. 

"Hello Trinity dance studio, this is Kelly speaking," a chipper voice said on the other end. 

"Hello, this is Katy Woods; I had a question; my sister booked a dance class at your studio for a wedding thing. She thought she had booked it for today, but it says tomorrow. Can that be changed?" Katy said as she started walking around. 

"Let me check," Kelly replied, "Do you have a name for me?" 

"Vivianne Woods." 

The other end went quiet for a moment as Kelly looked up the appointment. "I found the appointment," She said, "But I see that it's booked with Joan; she only works on Tuesdays..." She went quiet once more; Katy could only hear her typing on the keyboard. "I need to make a quick phone call to see if someone else is available this afternoon. Can I call you back in 20 minutes tops?" 

"Of course, " Katy said, "Thank you so much for looking into this." 

"No problem, talk to you later, bye." 

"Bye," Katy said before hanging up the phone. She started walking back to Vivianne when she noticed that Dave was now sitting in her spot; both he and Vivianne didn't look too happy. 

"What's going on?" Katy said, approaching them. 

"Jim has missed his flight..." Vivianne said, "We're hoping he can be there tonight, but worst case, it will be tomorrow morning." 

"And Jim is..." Katy asked, confused. 

"Jim is one of my groomsmen." Dave replied, "But he's got terrible time management skills. 

"Which means he won't be at the dance class." Vivianne said, "What did the studio say?" She added. 

"That she'll call me back," Katy replied, "They might have another teacher available today, but she needs to call them to make sure." 

"If they can't switch it to today, can't we just move things around to make it work?" Dave said, "What do you have planned for tomorrow?" 

"Dress fitting," Katy replied.

"Can't you do that today and then move the dance class to tomorrow morning? Then you'll have plenty of time to get ready for dinner with my parents." Dave said," turning to Viv. 

"That could work," Viv said, perking up, "I'll call the dress fitting place, and you'll call the dance studio." She said to Katy.