Chapter 14

Katy stared down at her phone for a moment before looking up at the three friends who were excitedly chatting away. 'Should I?' She thought, looking back down at her phone. 

"Oh my god, Kat, how are you?" Melissa exclaimed as she rushed toward Katy, surprising her into a hug. 

Startled, Katy nearly dropped the phone before hugging Melissa back, "Hey Mel," She said with a little chuckle, "I'm good; how are you?" 

"Perfect!" Melissa said, letting her go, "Absolutely splendid." 

Katy laughed, "Sounds good!" 

"Hey Kat," Cassie said walking over to her as well, "Good to see you again." 

Katy smiled and hugger her, "Good to see you too." 

"Shall we go to the cabin?" Vivianne said still smiling. 

"Yes!" Melissa exclaimed ready to follow Vivianne. 

"Wait," Cassie said grabbing her shoulder, "Maybe we should bring our stuff to our room first, you guys can come with us." Cassie added. 

Vivianne nodded, "Sounds like a plan." 

Katy paused for a moment as the women started heading towards the elevator. 

"I need to get something from my room real quick," She said, "I'll see you guys at the cabin is that alright?"

"We could stop at your room as well," Viv replied as they continued walking to the elevator. 

"No that's alright, I need to search for it, I'll just meet you guys outside." Katy replied. 

With that Vivianne dropped it and the three of them continued chatting in the elevator, getting off the floor before Katy. She thought about calling Phillip in the elevator, but decided against it, she'd wait until she was in the room. 

She all but ran out of the elevator and over to her room. Once the door was closed behind her she immediately called Phillip. Within one ring he answered. 

"Did you get my text?"

"That's why I'm calling." Katy replied.

"She wants you Katy, the divorce of the century could be yours." He said, "Mira Corderoy wants you to be her representative." 

Her eyes went wide as she started pacing, "You're joking..." 

"No I am not" Phillip replied, "Her management called, apparently she had heard from a friend of a friend sister, that you're the one for the job. I told them that you were unavailable for the week, they told me that they would double the pay." 

Katy nodded, forgetting he couldn't see her, "And?" 

"I still said you were unavailable, they responded stating that they were willing to wait until you are back, but that all they want from you is an occasional phone call." 

"What?" Katy replied. 

"Mira is worried, she want reassurance, they didn't have a prenup as they didn't believe in divorce and she wants shared custody of the children, but he most likely doesn't want that." 

"So?" 

"Well, apparently you made her friend of a friends sister feel very at ease, so she wants the same." Phillip said, "The trial will not start until you get back, but she wishes to have one or two phone calls with you and will pay nearly triple your usual prices." 

Katy nodded, still pacing around, 'What do I do?' 

"What are you thinking?" Phillip said after a moment of silence. 

"That I don't know what to do," She replied honestly, sitting down on her bed, "This is the opportunity of a life time, but I made a promise." 

Phillip sighed, "I understand..." 

He was about to say more, but then someone knocked on Katy's door. "Hold on for a sec," She said walking over to the door. Through the peephole she could see Melissa, Cassie and Vivianne standing there, waiting. 

'Oh shit...' She thought, backing away from the door, "Just a minute." She yelled out. 

"Phillip I gotta go." She said, pausing for a moment. Her mind was racing a mile a minute, trying to figure out what she ought to do... 

"Tell her I said yes." She said before hanging up the phone. I mean it would only be a couple of phone calls... Vivianne woulnd't have to find out. 

Feeling a little panicked about what she just had done she immediately went over to the door and opened it, "Hey..." She said trying not to sound awkward, "I thought I said I'd meet you guys at the cabin." 

"Yeah, but I know you get distracted, so I thought I'd pick you up." Vivianne said, "Did you find what you were looking for?" 

"I..." Katy started, trying to think of something really quick, "Didn't." She finished, "I can't seem to find my sunglasses." She said, holding the door open for the three girls, "Maybe you guys can help me look?" 

They nodded and entered the room. Within seconds Melissa exclaimed, "Found it!" Holding up her sunglasses which, apparently just lay on her nightstand. 

Vivianne raised an eyebrow, but didn't saw anything. 

"Oh thank you so much!" Katy said taking them from Melissa, "Guess it was right on front of me the whole time." She said with an awkward chuckle. 

Together they went over to the cabin, and Vivianne filled them in about the plans, and the change in plans. Meanwhile Katy had a hard time paying attention as her mind kept coming back to the choice she had just made...

"So we have a dress fitting this afternoon?" Melissa said excitedly. 

"And a dance class tomorrow?" Cassie said, sounding a whole lot less excited. 

"Vivianne chuckled, "Yes and yes. Also, on that topic, at first I was thinking that the bridesmaids would dance with one of the groomsmen, but do you guys prefer to dance with each other?"

"Please tell me that if we say yes, that you make two of the guys dance together to even it out?" Cassie replied with a chuckle, causing the girls too laugh. 

"I mean it was one of the options," Viv replied laughing as Katy felt her phone buzz.

Grabbing it she noticed she had two messages, one from Claire

I'm almost there, the taxi driver got lost... 

And one from Phillip

I gave Mira your personal number, I hope you don't mind

'Well at least I can now say that I'm in Mira Corderoy's phone' Katy thought as she unlocked her phone to text Claire back.

Alright, we're out by the cabin! 

Katy texted her before locking her phone, "Claire is almost here."