Chapter 13

After both of the women had made a phone call, they returned to Dave, who was still waiting on the porch. "Well?" He said as Vivianne sat down next to him and Katy leaned against the railing. 

"We can have the dress fitting this afternoon," Vivianne said, "Which means that Thea may miss it, but I'm sure it will be fine; it's just a final check." She smiled, "And then she'll be at the dance class." 

"I asked them to move the dance class to tomorrow morning; she said it was possible to start tomorrow at 11," Katy said, smiling as well. 

"Alright," Dave said, standing up, "I think I should inform the men of the change of plans and move our schedule around as well. Jim will be at the dance class with a bit of luck. I'll see you two later." 

"See you later!" Both of the women said before moving back to their planning, "Do the guys have a schedule?" Katy asked. 

"Beats me; as long as they show up to the things I planned, I do not give a damn what they do the remainder of the time," Viv replied with a chuckle. 

Katy laughed, "But who is Jim and how does he know Dave?"

"Jim is one of his work buddies," Vivianne replied, "Not one of my favourites, though; I'd rather he hadn't chosen him as one of his best men."

"Why not?"

Vivianne sighed, "Well, as he said, he's always late, and I find him annoying. Always making jokes about his wife being the old 'chain and ball' and such." 

Katy frowned, "Oh fun," she said in a sarcastic tone. 

Vivianne nodded, "Alright, let's get back to the planning. So this afternoon we have the dress fitting. Claire could be here any minute, and Melissa and Cassie will also be on time; did you hear anything from Thea?" She asked. 

Katy shook her head, "Not yet; I'll send her a text." 

Vivianne nodded, "Then tonight we've got cocktails planned at a nearby bar; I'm guessing we're taking an Uber?" 

"I could drive," Katy replied whilst sending a text to Thea. 

"Unless you can fit 6 girls in your car, that won't work. Besides, don't you want to drink? I thought you liked cocktails?" 

"I do," Katy said, putting her phone away, "It's just, I've gone a little too hard a couple of times, and we've got a lot of things planned..." She sighed, "I just prefer not being hungover this week, so I was thinking of having mocktails instead." 

Vivianne nodded once more, "Alright, that's understandable; you could just have one cocktail? I mean, we still can't all fit in your car." 

"Maybe," Katy replied, "Alright, so tomorrow we have the dance class at 11; Dave will make sure that the men are there. Then after that Dave's parents arrive and you can get ready for your dinner. Did you guys make reservations for that?" Katy asked. 

"No, that's a good point," Vivianne said, writing it down on her hand. 

"We can do that on our way to the dress fitting; we'll pass by the reception anyways," Katy said. 

"Oh, good idea." 

"Then tomorrow morning, I need to get things ready for the bachelorette party," Katy said with a smile. 

"Do I need to prepare?" Vivianne said with a smile. 

"From what I know, you do not," Katy said with a chuckle, "All you need to do is be there. Then Thursday, the guests will arrive." 

"And we can sleep in and try and not be hungover," Vivianne said, chuckling. 

"Exactly," Katy replied, "Then I pick up the dresses that morning, and the rehearsal dinner is that night, and then Friday is the big day." 

"Oh my god, I can't believe it is getting this close already..." Vivianne said. 

"By Friday, you'll be married," Katy replied, smiling. 

At that, Katy's phone buzzed in her pocket, "Oh, that could be Melissa and Cassie." 

Grabbing her phone, she saw two texts, one from Cassie and one from Phillip. Before her sister could see the second one, she quickly clicked on the one from Cassie. 

We're almost there!😊

"There, almost here!" She said excitedly, "I say we head to the lobby; we'll meet them there." 

"Great idea," Viv said as the two of them got up and started walking back to the mansion. 

"So, how are the nerves?" Katy asked as they walked through the garden. 

Vivianne chuckled, "Let's just see it is equal parts exciting and equal parts freaking out completely." 

"I can imagine," Katy said, "It'll be fine; you love Dave and oh my god, does he love you." 

"Yeah," Viv said, smiling softly, "I know..." 

In comfortable silence, they entered the lobby. Once there, it didn't take long before the doors opened, and Melissa and Cassie entered. 

Now Katy had only met Melissa and Cassie a couple of times. They are Viv's closest friends from college. At one point, they had all been in this larger friend group. Over time, however, it had dwindled down to just the three. 

Melissa was the most enthusiastic about the three. She was the girl who would always be trying out something new, whether it was teaching herself a new language, starting a new hobby or a new sport. Mel was the girl who wore a smile on her face, all day everyday. 

Today was no exception, smiling ear to ear she walked in, wearing a pastel pink skater dress and her natural curls bounced up and down as she walked. 

Cassie, however, was quite different and a lot less bubbly. She was the black cat to Melissa's happy golden retriever personality. Overall Cassie is a quieter, generally more reserved person. Back when they first met, Cassie would only wear black, and heavy eyeliner. Now, whilst still most of her closet was black, she would occasionally wear actual colour. 

On this particular day she was dressed half in black, half green. The cargo pants were black and the tank top she wore on top of it was a deep green. 

"Long time no see," Cassie said taking off her sunglasses. 

"Viv!" Melissa exclaimed as and Cassie hugged Vivianne. 

Excitedly they started chatting away, although it was mostly Melissa talking, with Vivianne saying something from time to time and Cassie just nodding. 

In that moment Katy decided that she could just take a glance at what Philipp sent her. 

Can I call you? I've got big news.