Chapter 19

Liam chuckled looking at her through the mirror, "I didn't drink the moonshine if that's what you're asking. Not quite to my taste."

,"Can't say I'm surprised." Katy replied.

"Besides," He said smirking, "Americans aren't the best drinkers. Can't hold their alcohol."

Katy raised an eyebrow as the elevator doors opened, "Can't they?"

He shook his head as he motioned for her to get off of the elevator first, "No they can't," He getting of the elevator as well.

Katy shook her head as she started walking over to her room, "Wait," He said grabbing her wrist, "I still need you to answer my question, are you representing Corduroy?"

Katy turned around to face him, his hand still holding her wrist as she looked up at him, "We're not supposed to talk about work are we now?" a sly smile curled onto her face. 

"Now now Woods, don't play any games with me," He said stepping closer to her, "You've already broken that rule, now tell me."

As he spoke those words she could smell the alcohol on his breath, and just a hint of his cologne. He was close to her now, very close, her nose almost touching his chest close. "My, you really have been drinking, have you?" She said looking up to meet his eyes, "I'll tell if you will." She added.

He sighed, looking into her eyes as he smirked, "alright," he said with a pause, "I am." 

Katy smiled, she knew it, "Same here, now if you don't mind letting me go, I really think I should be off to bed. As should you." 

"Guess we'll be seeing each other in court after this." He said as he let go of her hand, "And you're right, we should."

"Goodnight." She said, walking away from him and grabbing her key card to enter her room.

"Goodnight," He replied, doing the same, "oh and Woods," He started causing her to look at him once again, "You should wear that dress to court sometimes; you look ravishing."

Katy felt her cheeks heat up as she quickly entered her room. Closing the door behind her she leaned against it, standing there for a moment, 'what was that?' She thought staring off in the distance.

After a moment, the exhaustion hit her, it had been a long night and she was tired. It truly was time for bed...

The following morning Katy had breakfast by herself, the rest of the bridal party clearly not awake yet. As the dancing class was at 11, it was at least a thirty-minute drive, Katy knew they would have to leave at 10:30 at the latest. Currently it was 9 am, meaning they had more than enough time.

However, she had heard nothing from the rest and they were most likely hungover. Whilst Katy sipped her cup of coffee, she texted Viv,

"Are you alive?"

"Goodmorning."

She looked up right as Eric sat down across from her, "Goodmorning," She replied putting her phone away.

"How are you?" He asked.  

"I'm good," Katy said nodding, "I didn't drink last night, so I think I'm one of the few without a hangover, and how are you?"

He chuckled, "Good, and also not hungover." 

The waitress came over and took his breakfast order before he continued their conversation, "Also I'm sorry about last night with Jim-"

"It's alright," Katy said cutting him off,  "Everything went well, and Liam already explained it to me. But that Jim is a strange guy

Eric sighed, "Yeah, he's quite a handful. Last night Tom went a little too hard, so when we came back to the hotel, he could barely walk. At that moment, the rest of them could at least still walk somewhat normal. So Liam and I decided to bring Tom to his room so he could sleep it, off. Then when we got back, we heard the music. After that I brought Jim to his room; he didn't like that I brought him there, but then he passed out on the couch, and that was good enough for me." He chuckled, "I thought about going back to the cabin, but Liam texted me that everything was taken care of, so I went to bed." 

As he finished talking, someone else walked in as well, Melissa. "Good morning!" She said in a very chipper voice, "Cassie will be down soon, but she's a little cranky." 

With that, the three of them started making small talk and talking about all the different wedding aspects. After that slowly but surely the rest of the bridal parties arrived. Many of them didn't look too happy to be there and were very hungover. After they all ate they made their way to the dance studio, some driving or carpooling and others using an uber.  

It wasn't easy, but at some point all of the groomsmen and bridesmaids were standing in the dance studio, waiting for the instructor to arrive. 

Katy stood next to Vivianne, who was still quite hungover, "My god why did I drink so much?" She said taking a sip of her water. 

Katy chuckled, "I don't know why you did that either." 

It was then that the doors swung upon and a rather short woman walked into the room. "Goodmorning folks!" She said in a chipper voice as she made her way over to the front. "I take it ya'll are the groomsmen and bridesmaids?" 

There was a soft response of goodmornings and yesses from the group and she nodded. 

"Alright, now don't be too excited people, my name is Kirsten." She said with a big smile. But again no one really responded. Instead they stood there talking to each other. 

The woman started setting up as Katy walked over to her, "Are you Katy?" the women said, "The maid of honour?" 

Katy nodded, "That's me."

"Tell me how hungover are they?" Kirsten asked Katy in a softer voice, "You, the girl in pink and those two over there are the only ones with a clear look in their eyes. I mean seriously what did they have? They look like they drunk my cousins moonshine." 

"Well you got the moonshine part right," Katy responded. 

Kirsten sighed, "Oh this is going to be fun, the other teacher, Derick, he should be here any minute and then we can properly begin."