-- Chapter Nine --

A month later.

:)

——————————-

———————————

———————————

Slowly, Evangeline woke. Her eyes opened and looked around her familiar surroundings of her bedroom. In her bed, Natasha is the only one that lays next to her. Smiling, Evangeline raised her hand and lifted it towards Natasha's face, just about to boop her nose, Natasha's quick reflexes are put into action as she grabs her soulmates hand in mid action.

Opening her eyes, Natasha eyes Evangeline. "Too slow." She jokes.

Shaking her head, Evangeline drops her hand and moves towards Natasha and gave her a kiss on the cheek before turning and getting about of bed with slight discomfort.

Though it's been a month since she's woken up, her body was still recovering. She hated it. She was slower than normal and the pain in her body caused her to stop doing things she liked doing. Like training.

And not to mention she had her soulmates fawning over her more than they needed to.
And when she constantly tells them that she's been through worse, all she gets is an angry eye roll and they help her even more.

Even so, between all that, they refuse her to let her go on missions. Telling her that she needed to heal and rest. She kept telling them that she was fine and that her powers were fine, but they wouldn't listen.

"Oh, before you go," Natasha says, watching from the bed as her soulmate got ready, "don't forget your brother and Daisy are coming by this afternoon."

Sighing, Evangeline nodded. "Got it." She says. Just as she put her jacket on, she grabbed her weapons that sat in the dresser drawer and headed out into the living room.

"Hey." Steve says, looking towards Evangeline as she walked up to him. "You ready?"

"Comme je le serai jamais." As I'll ever be Evangeline answered. Taking a deep breath, she sent Steve a reinsuring smile.

"Where are you two going again?" Evangeline turned her head and watched as Tony entered, carrying a tablet in his hands he walked towards them. Eyeing the captain before he gave a quick smile to his soulmate.

"To get Bucky back. My sources say he's in Bucharest." Steve says, his tone filled with annoyance.

"Your sources, huh?"

"Problem, Tony?"

"Boys." Evangeline chided, rolling her eyes as she stepped in between them.