- Chapter Thirty -

——————————

——————————

________________

The house was quiet. Evangeline woke up before everyone else. She left a sleeping Bucky in her bed. Her finger played with the ring's that rested there. Her other hand, held a hot mug of fresh coffee.

She didn't really know what time it was. But she assumed it was early in the morning because as she made her way out side, she could feel the morning chill run across her exposed skin. She then scolded herself for not thinking to put on something warmer as she walked out the door and towards the dock she found herself coming to a lot lately.

She didn't know why. Nor did she really care. It brought her a sense of calming every time she let her feet dangle above the crisp water. The fog in the distance was rolling in, and the rising sun broke through only a little.

She sighed a deep sigh. She, Peter, and Clint were leaving for their trip later today. She wasn't going to lie to herself by saying she wasn't excited to go.

She was, really was. It would be the first time she got to travel just for the hell of it.
It was the first time she wasn't going to a different country because she was on any type of mission, or because she was looking for anyone.

She was going, simply, to have fun. Even if all her soulmates weren't with her, she was glad she'd at least have two with her.

With a small smile, she lightly shook her head, laughing quietly to herself as she thought about Clint bringing himself along. She had known Peter wanted it to just be the two of them. He needed it.

But, Clint, being who he was, wanted to be there just in case. To protect her and also to just steel some time with her. He's been busy, doing things he knows she knows about— but she's never said anything. Because she knew what he was going though.

"Angie."

Nearly jumping out of her skin, she turned around at the sudden voice. Sam smiled at her as he walked towards her.

"Mon Dieu, tu m'as fait peur, Sam." (My god, you scared me)

He laughed as he sat down beside her. Without warning he grabbed her mug from her, her mouth parted open in disbelief. "Hey." She scold , reaching for her cup, he pulled back

"Rude." She mutters, shaking her head.

"You ready for your trip?" He asked, after a small while of silence.

Evangeline nodded as she reached for her cup again, this time, he let her have it. She smiled at him. "Yeah. I am. I think we need the vacation." She tells him.