-- Chapter Eleven --

Evangeline hummed as she wandered the tower common room

     Evangeline hummed as she wandered the tower common room. Her steps light as she made her way over to the island counter. Her fingers slid against the marble slab, her eyes caught the rack filled with cookies. She smiled and reached for one, however, she she's about to take a bite, a flash of blue went by her and she almost lost her balance.

Turning her head to the side, she roles her eyes immediately as she noticed Pietro sitting on the other counter, dangling his feet as he stuffed the cookie in his mouth.

"That was rude." Evangeline muttered, reaching for another one. Again, Pietro dashes by her and steals the second cookie.

"Gotta be faster to keep up with me, princessa." He taunted. Now, standing in front of her, Evangeline roles her eyes again and snatched the cookie away from him before he could eat it.

"Ha." She says, smiling.

Pietro smiled and laughed, shaking his head and moved away as Evangeline reached over and tried to flick his head.

"Are those cookies?" Evangeline watched as Tony entered the room. Eyeing the cookies on the counter, he walked over to where Evangeline stood. He reached over and grabbed two.

"So, what's the plan today?" Tony asked, wiping his hands free of crumbs.

Evangeline sighed, shaking her head, she had no idea what everyone was doing. Where even anyone really was.

"Not sure. I was maybe going to—"

"Well, I guess you're stuck with me." Tony says, slinging an arm around Evangeline's shoulder, he turned to Pietro, "run along, Turbo. We've got things to do."

Evangeline rolled her eyes and moved from Tony and went towards Pietro and gave him a quick kiss before following Tony towards his lab.

——————————

"What are you doing again?" Evangeline asked, a few minutes later as they entered the lab. The computers made small sounds and beeping could be heard every now and then. Evangeline walked towards the big desk and sat in the chair and spun a little.

Tony sighed as he walked towards the table, where Evangeline could see a bunch of different tools and fabrics scattered around.

"I'm trying to build you a new suit. One that won't get you killed if you're shot at."

Evangeline gave him a soft look. Watching as he walked to the table, he stood there still for a while before he began working. Mumbling to himself every other second.

Evangeline leans back in the chair, unsure what she was to do, she looked around the desk and smiled happily when she found a random book. Quickly she picked it up and cracked it open.