- Chapter Seventeen -

——————
The night before
————————

—————————

————————

    In the bedroom, the bed is accompanied by two bodies. The tower quiet as the other sleep in different rooms. The pressure of the week washed away by a great dinner and a couple drinks. 

Evangeline and Natasha, however, lay awake. The agent had been on mission after mission, doing anything she could to find the roots of Daisy's organization, not to mention anything on Bruce.

It was one of the rare weeks where Nick had convinced her to take more than a day off. Especially considering what Evangeline was going though. She needed her soulmates with her.

So, they lay in bed. Not at all tired. And they talk and talk. Evangeline avoids the elephant in the room. Natasha does too. Not wanting to ruin what they had going with something sad. It was time to move on from sadness. Evangeline knew that. And she tried her best.

As a sudden silence fell over the room, it wasn't a second later that did their heart beats being to rise and some type of yearning caused each of them to move in closer. Their noses just barely touching. Evangeline is the one to ignite the flame. Bringing her hand down Natasha's waist, talking is long forgotten as their lips share a dance.

Their body's inching closer and closer until their front frames are touching.

Heat rises between them as they each take turns taking off their cloths.

Natasha is the one to move on top. Her body hovers over Evangeline's and it isn't long before Evangeline gathers up the momentum to flip her soulmate over. Causing the assassin to laugh against her lips. "All right." she mumbled. Using her hand, she moved it down Evangeline's body. She smiled when she felt the girl shiver again sat her touch.

As the tango continues, and only until each of them are satisfied, only then does the sound of heavy breathing and laughter fill the room.

And only then, do they each fall asleep tangled with each other.

Their body's covered by a thin sheet. Neither one minded the cold. Not at this moment. For as of now, it was just the two of them.

———————————

————
The next morning
————

   Evangeline blushed as she woke up the next morning. Beside her, Natasha lay awake, staring right at her with glowing eyes and an amused smile. "Morning." She says. Her head resting on her arm.