surprise

• Dedicated to ioannanic

Hi everyone!!! First I want to thank you for the 2K reads. I didn’t even think I’d go over 100 to be honest. Again thanks so much. It means the world to me. I would also like to thank my Advanced class girls and a special girl who has become my number one fan

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

“Harry? What are you talking about with Rose in such secrecy? You know I know you are up to something, right?”

I had been in the shower leaving Harry watching TV in the living room only to come out and find him talk with Rose in the kitchen conspiracy written all over them. They were up to something and I knew exactly what. It had been three weeks since my encounter with Nadia and Harry had come over for yet another weekend. Rose and Harry grew very close (Don’t worry they were just friends stop freaking out) and I swear to God sometimes I felt like Rose was the female version of Harry. There was always something they could talk about or argue about but you could sense that they genuinely enjoyed each other’s company which was great. You don’t want your roommate to hate your boyfriend right?

My birthday was in a week and I was almost certain that they were planning something. They weren’t very good at hiding stuff, actually they were unbelievably bad at it so I just figured out that they were talking about that. They looked like five year olds who were trying to decide whether to have a Barbie or a Minnie Mouse themed party. They were simply adorable so I kind of let them do their thing without pushing them for details. Had I persisted Rose was sure to cave in five minutes so I just didn’t say anything. The only thing I did whenever I would catch them whispering stuff or exchanging stupid looks was hint that I didn’t want anything extreme or big or extravagant. Harry had to pay for child support, had gone to a divorce lawyer as well and the back and forth driving cost a lot so I didn’t want him to spend any money on me and I told him that. I wasn’t a child so I would definitely not be disappointed if I didn’t get a present and that was made clear to him.

Still there was a lot of talking and whispering with Rose going on which was fun to watch but also a bit worrying…I was spending my birthday in my hometown so I could also see my family whom I missed so much therefore I took the following weekend off work and I went dress shopping with Rose who turned out to be a disaster because the outfits she suggested were either too slutty, too expensive or simply not me. I decided to give up and give it a go with Cathrine once I went home the next week. Harry said he would take me to dinner so Cathrine was my last and only chance because I was bored to go alone. It was already Thursday afternoon and I was packing my things because I wanted to set off to visit my parents as soon as uni was over the next day.

“Have you done our assignment?” Rose asked.

“Which one?”

“Poetry…Write a poem about something you are passionate about?” she continued.

“Yeah…I did” I answered shyly recollecting the words I typed on my laptop the previous night.

“What did you write about?” she asked cheekily.

“I wrote about…something I’m passionate about…” I smiled.

“No shit! Where is it? I’ve got to see” she smiled and went for my laptop.

There was no use hiding it. She was going to find it no matter what. Before I could stop her she had already switched on my laptop, typed my password and went to recent work in Microsoft word.

“Holy crap! This is awesome Val...”

As I walk through the green meadows, I see your face