Can't wait

Waking up the next day in my room alone didn’t feel the same as before. I know what you’re thinking…He hadn’t stayed there long enough for you to get used to him, girl, so get over yourself, but even that one time left its mark…

The night before work was as chaotic as Saturday with all those students carefree having fun before being buried in piles of books again but thankfully it was uneventful. It was routine for me. Soon it was done and I headed home with just Mark asking what had happened to my “guy”… reminding me once again that although he had left a few hours before I had already missed him.

Opening my eyes I felt so lazy to get up so I just grabbed the university guide from the shelf and without stepping out of bed I began browsing until I found my department section and the classes related to it. I had to figure out which I would take that semester and check with some of the decent students of my department (only a handful I have to admit) to tell me what they were selecting as I didn’t want to take them alone. Rose was more into Linguistics and I was into literature and Teaching so we wouldn’t be selecting similar classes this semester, which was a shame because I loved having classes with her. She would send me funny notes during them and make me laugh whenever I felt bored and I would give her my notes when she felt like sleeping during lectures with her complaining that she didn’t understand any of it…My phone ringing interrupted me from my thoughts as Rose walked in with two mugs of coffee sitting on my bed nudging me to go further so that she could sit next to me.

“I knew you were awake…” she said.

“You know me too well” I answered cheekily while looking for my phone in my bag.

“Did you have sex on this bed or can I sit?” she asked me smiling already knowing the answer to her question. I just growled at her finally taking the phone in my hand.

“Answer the damn thing already…”she hissed irritated by the sound it made taking the guide and browsing it herself.

“OK.OK…Got it” I said as I saw Cathrine’s name flashing on the screen.

“Good morning Cathrine…I haven’t heard from you for a while” I answered happy to be hearing from her.

“Hey…how are you? I missed you” she replied “…you’ve been busy and I’ve been busy, too…” she said with a playful note which revealed that something had happened and she wanted to tell me all about it.

“What do you mean?” I inquired curiously.

“Well I know that Harry’s been to see you and you’ve been busy …” she added “and I’ve been busy otherwise so we didn’t get to talk much” she giggled stressing the word otherwise in her sentence.

“Who told you about Harry coming and who have you been busy with?” I asked laughing but obviously very curious at her response.

“Well let’s just say that a certain friend of yours told me while I’ve been busy with him” she informed me still giggling.

“Leo…You’ve been busy with Leo…No…Tell me you didn’t sleep with him already, I warned you Cathrine…” I told her worriedly.

“No stupid. Of course I didn’t” she replied. “We’ve been hanging out a lot this week and it’s been great! He is great!” she exclaims.

“Are we talking about the same Leo, my Leo?” I asked astonishingly not believing this turn on his side.

“Yeah…We’ve gone on a couple of dates so far. Well I can’t really call them dates, dates in the traditional sense of the word but they seemed like dates to me since I got the goodnight kisses at the end of them” she added and I could just tell that she was blushing on the other side of the line.