Flee

"Could you please give me something for my headache...I feel like my head is going to explode" I asked the kind doctor who examined me minutes ago.

"I have already asked the nurses to give you some painkillers through your IV, Miss Cameron. I hope the police officers haven't tired you" he said calmly holding the charts flipping pages.

"Any reason why your parents weren't notified?" he went on.

"Do they need to? I mean am I OK or do I need to take more tests?"

"No, you should be fine. No internal injuries...the tests are clear and your insurance will cover expenses...don't worry...just...I know it's not my place to say but just be careful. You might not get this lucky next time and I'd hate to see that" he leaned a bit, a look of concern on his face.

"Thank you doctor...for everything" I whispered and he closed the door behind him.

A sigh left my mouth. What happened that night remains a blur and I have no idea how to deal with it. I know that the clock and the hit are no coincidences and that everything leads back to Nadia and Harry's past but on the other hand as stupid as I may sound I am glad that they targeted me instead of him. I would hate to see him here in my place but I can only imagine how he had to be feeling at the moment. His face when he laid eyes on me previously was one of terror combined with guilt and sorrow. I had seen him in a bad shape before but this time was by far the worst. They were asked to leave the room already three times and I heard him complaining about it at least twice. The first time he was asked to leave by the nurses and the second by the officers. The third was by the doctor who told him he couldn't release information to him since he wasn't related to me. Ironic right? Nadia was related to him and she had me lying on this hospital bed. And there I thought that my little visit to her the other day would give her a hint that I wasn't really going anywhere. How could a woman who had such a lovely baby be so cruel? Or maybe she wasn't aware of all this...I didn't really know and there wasn't anyone who could tell me the truth.

Harry was a mess, he felt responsible for everything and Leo was a mess too for his own reasons. Rose was quiet which is so unusual for her and I had to put them back together and pretend that this never happened. Head up high, as my mom would advise. I was so glad that my parents and brothers didn't know about this because they would certainly freak out and I didn't want nor needed that. The drugs were kicking in and I felt my eyes close taking a much needed nap.

"Hey baby...you are awake" Harry told me when I opened my eyes again.

"Yeah, I am feeling much better" I tried to calm him down a bit.

"When will they let me go?" I asked him as he tried to fix my pillows.

"Tomorrow morning if you aren't experiencing any headaches" he answered in a flat tone.

"Where are Leo and Rose?"

"I sent them to your flat to get some rest. No point in all of us being here now that we know you'll be fine, love...by the way my parents came to see you but I didn't let them wake you. They came to get the baby to N-n-nadia" he almost stuttered.

"That is so sweet of them" I told him detecting the pain in his voice.

"Baby...Val...we need to talk" he said looking straight at me.

He grabbed a chair and pulled it close to me and took my hand which wasn't attached to the IV to his.

"Harry...don't do this" I warned him.

"Baby, you don't even know what I'm going to say"

"I know what you are thinking so stop it now. If they are behind this then it's their problem. They should deal with it because I love you so much...I don't care if they are assholes and they deal with things this way..."