Weekend

It was noon before I managed to open my eyes. I had slept for only six hours but I had to get up as Harry was here for the weekend and I didn’t want to waste my time sleeping when I could be with him. He was leaving on Sunday evening and it would be bad enough that we would stay apart during the week but there was nothing we could do. I had to work and he had to go to work at the garage. At least I had two weeks ahead of me before uni lessons started again. It would give me time to sort things in my head and I had to talk with my mom. The thought of talking to my mom about the situation with Harry was enough to make my stomach flip.

I had to tell her because I didn’t want her to find out from anyone else but I needed to tell her at my own terms when I was ready. I also felt that I needed to spend some more time with Harry before all the worrying and the third degree happened. I just needed some more time…

My phone beeped and I had just received a text from Harry.

Are you up?

Yeah…What do you want to do today?

Get ready. I’m picking you up in 20’.

I got out of bed and rushed to the shower. In twenty minutes I had showered, got dressed in jeans, a T-shirt and a pair of converse, pulled my hair in a pony tail, made my bed and tidied my room and made myself a cup of coffee. That was kind of a record for me. It would probably be on the news. I heard the door as I was about to text Harry.

“Who would have known you look this good with six hours of sleep? Good morning by the way…” he said cheekily and I smiled my biggest smile at him. He looked absolutely breathtaking standing at my door with his black torn jeans and a white T-shirt holding his jacket on one hand and his helmet on the other.

“Good morning to you too” I said beaming at him. “Would you like some coffee?” I asked.

“Let’s get going. We don’t have time for coffee”, he said and grabbed my wrist to get me closer giving me a quick kiss on the lips.

“What do you have planned?” I asked curiously.

“You’ll see” he answered not giving anything away, his dimples in full show.

I grabbed my bag along with my jacket and in no time we were by his bike getting ready for a ride. He handed me a helmet that he had borrowed from his friend Pete and we were off.

“Seriously where are we going?” I asked him, the wind messing both our hair but giving us a feeling of freedom and independence. I had to admit that I loved riding with him on that bike but at the same time the thought of him going back and forth to my home town did worry me.

“Impatient, are we?” he replied.

“So are you going to tell me where you are taking me?” I asked again like a small child.

“Nope. Besides we are almost there…” he answered and I could feel his enjoyment with me not knowing.

We were certainly out of and away from campus and even a bit further from the town. There was no traffic at all and the houses in that area were scattered around all with big yards and gardens nothing like the cramped apartments of the city or the tiny little verandas of the city houses. Green valley spread in front of us and Harry left the road and followed a cobbled path leading to a wooden building.

I could smell animals nearing but couldn’t see any.

“Is this a farm?” I wondered.

“This is a horse farm…yeah” he confirmed.

“Have you been here before?” I asked sure of the answer.

“My dad would bring us when we were children and I loved it. It gives me peace” he confessed.