𝟬𝟬𝟲 accidental cuts

chapter six accidental cuts

chapter six
accidental cuts

✵ ✵ ✵

Arden watched as Sprite casted her illusions

Arden watched as Sprite casted her illusions. Her hands held a small knife between that she twirled between her fingers, completely zoning out all sounds around her. Her eyes watched but it was like they weren't actually watching, just staring mindlessly to the first things her eyes caught onto.

She felt a hand touch her shoulder making her drop the knife, it cutting her palm on it's way down. She heard a gasp before her hand was gently placed in the palm of another's as they inspected it.

"I'm so sorry," Kingo rushed. "I didnt think you were gonna drop it and then- we'll take you to Ajak."

Arden shook her head, still out of it and not yet back to earth.

"What'd you need?"

"Arden-"

"What do you need Kingo," she spat, refusing to look into his eyes.

His eyebrows raised before following her line of sight only to find her looking at nothing in particular. He frowned, not knowing what was going on to the curious happy girl, before allowing her to pull her hand away.

"Just wanted to see if you're okay," he admitted. "You seem off."

Arden looked over at him, her face full of sadness that she tried so hard to push back inside herself with no where too be found, and sighed.

"I don't know," she muttered. "I just feel. . .like im changing."

"I mean, you kind of do that alot," Kingo tried to joke, but Arden couldn't even muster up a fake laugh.

"No no I mean like, on the inside. It feels like something got really heavy all of a sudden and the random weight won't let me breathe," she spoke, looking down at the blood trickling down to her fingertips. "Do you know why that is?"