I Scared

You felt a little shake against your mattress in the middle of the night. At first you thought you were dreaming, until you felt it a second time. You started to open your eyes but you saw no one there. Then you heard from your husband's side of the bed.

"I wetted the bed papa." You heard your 3 year old daughter sniffle.

"Oh princess it's okay, you don't have to cry. Mama and papa aren't angry with you." Alan cooed to the small child.

"Oh my darling, come here." You held your arms out to her. She crawls on top of you, her lavender pajamas soaked. So you got up from your bed, got a new pair of pajamas to change her into then took her to the bathroom to clean her up.

"I'll go change her sheets and put them in the wash." Your husband said, also getting up from your bed. He put her wet sheets in the washer then met you in the bathroom.

"I sowwy." Your little girl sniffled.

"Aww, love, it's okay. Mama and Papa aren't mad at you." Alan said, kneeling next to you by the tub as you washed her up.

"It's not your fault baby, these things happen." You assured her as you dried her off. Alan changes her into her pajamas and takes her back to her room. He tries to put her on her bed but she cries and holds onto his neck. He pulls her back away from the bed and she calms down. He tries to set her down again, but again she starts crying and holds onto him. He raises an eyebrow at her and tries once more.

"Oakley, you need to go to bed." Alan says as he sits on the bed.

"Sweep wif you and mama." Oakley says.

"You need to learn to stay in your own bed darling."

"Pease papa. Wanna sweep wif you and mama." She pleads with her father.

"Why do you wanna sleep with mama and papa? You've wet the bed many times and still slept in your own bed." Alan brushed her curly dark brown hair out of her face.

"I scared, is dark. I scared of the dark papa." She grabbed one of Alan's big fingers and held onto it.

"You're scared of the dark? Oh honey there's nothing to be scared of. Nothing in here is going to hurt you, me and mama will always keep you safe."

"Sweep wif you papa." She cried.

"Okay, okay honey you can sleep with me and mama tonight. Let's get you to bed so you can have a good night's sleep." Alan brought her into your room, where you were already getting ready to go back to sleep.

"We have a visitor for the night." Alan came in holding your daughter on his hip awaiting your word.

"Come on love." You held your hands out to take her so your husband could get into bed. You set her between you and Alan, knowing she would cuddle up to her father. After a couple minutes of her flopping around, throwing the blankets around and moving around a lot she finally settled with her front against Alan's side. Alan had his arm around her while she held onto his fingers like it was her own personal teddy bear.

"She is definitely your daughter." Alan grumbles after she flopped herself down next to him.

"And what is that supposed to mean Mr Rickman?" You smiled. Turning to face him, rubbing it in his face that you had free range to move around the bed while he had to stay put so he wouldn't wake the sleeping toddler next to him.

"I have slept next to you for 5 years straight, and she moves around just as much as you do. Tossing, turning, throwing off the covers, then getting cold and putting them back on. Oh wow!" He squeaked out when Oakley put her foot against his thigh. "And she has your cold ass feet!" You couldn't help but laugh at the situation he was in. Given he put himself in this predicament.