Papa Can We Get One?

"What time is your brother bringing Blu over?" Your husband asked as he started to put away anything that could be broken.

"He should be here any minute now." At that you heard the doorbell go off.

"Papa, uncle Charlie here." Your 4 year old daughter said running into the room.

"Yes honey he's dropping someone off."

"Someone? Who someone?" You look down to see your daughter looking up at you with her bright hazel eyes.

"You'll see, uncle Charlie is in the driveway right now." Alan said, looking out the front window. He opened the door and let them in. Your daughter gasped at the sight of your brother walking into the house with his new 2 month and a half old puppy.

"Puppy!"  She yelled

"Puppy!" She yelled. Alan grabbed her and picked her up before she could run up to the animal. Your brother had assured you that the dog was very friendly, he's taken him out for walks and many kids have come up to pet him. However Alan wanted Oakley to learn that you should always ask to pet someone's dog before assuming it's okay. The dog could not be friendly or in other cases the dog could be a service animal.

"Now darling, you should always ask to pet the animal first. There are some animals out there that aren't friendly and could hurt you and other animals are service animals. That means that the animals are working and should not be bothered, understand?"

"I wanna pet the puppy." She said quietly.

"I'm sure uncle Charlie will let you pet his puppy but you have to ask him first, okay?"

"Okay papa. Uncle Charlie can I pet your puppy?" She asks looking from the small animal to her uncle.

"Sure sweetheart, go ahead. His name is Blu." Your brother said as he unleashed the pup.

"Papa, what kind of doggie is it?" Oakley looked up at her father.

"Well princess it looks like a blue heeler, I'm guessing that's why uncle Charlie named him Blu." Alan kneeled beside her as she pet the pup.

"Mama look at the puppy."

"Yes sweetie, he's very pretty." You hugged your older brother. "So what's this interview for?"

"A business that sells electronics. I should be back in about an hour or so, thanks for watching him. Last time I left him alone my house was trashed."

"Well, I'm sure he'll be okay. I've had plenty of experience looking after animals."

"Alright I better get going." He hugged you goodbye, shook Alan's hand and gave his niece a hug before walking out the front door.

"Mama, he wants you to pet him." Oakley said, looking up at you from her position on the floor. You bent down to pet the puppy, he was very well behaved for only 2 months old. He didn't nip or bite at any of you. Of course he was very excited to see new people and was running around all of you, but once he settled down he was so sweet. He licked Oakley's face and hands as she tried to pet him. She picked him up and hugged him, which Alan took the pup off of her.