Bye Mama PT.1

"Darling, are you almost ready? We're running late." Alan called up the stairs for you.

You were running late for breakfast with your parents to tell them about you and Alan's recent engagement. The morning was just a mess. First your alarm clock didn't go off which put you very far behind because neither of you had showered the night before after getting home late. You both decided you'd wake up and shower in the morning but fate had other plans. Normally you both would have just said fuck it but you both had a a very... Active night and didn't want to go to dinner with your parents smelling like sweat and sex so you had to hop in the shower together. Then for some reason you could not find your second shoe. Alan of course found it hilarious but you scolded him, telling him if he hadn't been throwing your clothes off like a madman the night before you wouldn't be searching everywhere in your room for your shoes. Eventually you found it behind your dresser, which was the last place you would have thought it could have ended up. Alan somehow managed to throw it over the mirror atop your dresser without hitting the mirror.

After finally getting ready you still had to do your makeup and since you normally don't wear makeup unless it's a special occasion it took you a while. After deciding to just do your eye makeup you met Alan downstairs as you shoved your earrings in your ears while running down the stairs.

"Okay, I'm ready, let's get going." You said running out the door.

He followed behind you and shut the door, locking it. Then he led you by the hand to the car, opening the door for you. No matter how late you were running he always made sure to be a gentleman. His mother always taught him. If you love someone you show them no matter the situation. You could vouch that Alan never forgot those words and made it a point to live by them. Once the car pulled off and you were officially on your way to the restaurant he grabbed your hand and pressed it to his lips.

"You look beautiful as always darling." He glanced at you for a moment before returning his gaze to the road.

"Thank you, love. You look handsome." You caressed his knuckles with your thumb.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

You finally pulled into the restaurant and your parents were waiting right outside. You parked then you both got out to greet them, giving them all hugs and kisses. Alan giving them hugs and handshakes. He couldn't deny he was nervous to tell them. Your mother would be thrilled about the engagement but your father and him have never gotten along due to the 9 year age difference between the two of you. Well Alan got along with your father just fine, but our father didn't like Alan. Now he has asked you to be his wife and he didn't bother to ask your dad. To be fair, he didn't plan on asking you, yes he bought the ring and he had been carrying it with him for weeks but when he proposed it was because the moment seemed too perfect to pass up. So he asked you and you said yes.

You were all seated in a booth and the waitress took your drink orders.

"So what was so important that you both asked us to breakfast on such short notice?" Your mother asked.

"Well we have some news." You piped up, noticing Alan's nervousness. He nodded at you, telling you to go ahead and tell them. "Alan and I are engaged, he asked me yesterday morning." You showed them the ring.

"That's amazing, congrats you both. I'm so happy for you." Your mother gushed.

"You will be able to still give us grandchildren won't you Alan?" Your father spoke, regarding his age.