Chapter 1: Chocolate Cake

Kyouka Jirou pushed her thick red covers off her bed. She grabbed her phone from her nightstand. "3am?" She groaned, frantically swiping to turn down the darkness. She sighed. She was already awake, so there was no point to trying to fall back asleep. Her stomach growled. Jirou clutched it and decided to go to the dorm kitchen for a late night snack.

Now it was spring break, and everyone in class 1-A was with their family, except a select few whose family wasn't home or was on vacation.

Jirou sauntered towards the fridge. The lights shining through the window from the courtyard outside the school made the room dimly lit. She opened the fridge and immediately squinted, once again letting her eyes adjust to the bright light. She found a plate that was half covered in shiny foil. She picked it up to examine it, and set it on the counter. She lifted up the foil. Inside was a single piece of chocolate cake leftover from a birthday from a few days prior. Nobody's name was on it, so she decided she would eat it.

She turned back to close the fridge. "Hmph!" She suddenly felt a heavy body slump against her. She couldn't see who it was, so she turned around. Who would be up this late? "Bakugou?" She recognized the spiky blonde hair, but something seemed different. His eyes were closed, and physical contact wasn't really his thing. She reached out to move him, intrigued by his strange behavior. "Oh God, you're burning up!" She figured that he had passed out onto her. Why was Bakugou even up? She ignored her lingering questions and decided to bring him to a couch, which was only about twenty feet away. She reached her arms out and gripped his back, almost like they were sharing an awkward embrace. She felt a bit odd holding the male like that, but it was obvious that he had a fever and needed care. She dragged him to a couch, and picked his legs up to lay him all the way down.

Jirou looked at him. His face was reddish and condensation and sweat was noticeable on his forehead, neck and arms. At least he was wearing a black tank top, or he would have really overheated. She rushed back to the fridge and opened the freezer. She found a cold compress and brought it back to him, carefully placing it on his forehead. "Maybe I should try to wake him up."

She tapped his shoulder and sighed. She had pulled up a chair from the dorm dining table and grabbed a pillow from another couch for him to put his head on. Then, he opened his eyes. "Bakugou," Jirou whispered. He seemed out of it, and the fever was getting worse. Of course recovery girl was on spring vacation right now. "Can you hear me?" He slowly reached up his hand. "Ears." "Y-Yes!" She kind of jumped at his words. "It's hot in here. Open a window." He mumbled and closed his eyes again. She adjusted the compress on his forehead. "You have a fever." She tried to explain. She sighed and yawned. "Oh right. I need some sleep myself." She took a seat on the couch next to him, the pillow separating the two. Somehow, she managed to fall asleep within minutes, her head resting on the corner of the couch.

_

_

_

[CH1 notes

I know she doesn't have a nightstand canonically, but let's just say she does for the sake of this story

Also it doesn't make sense that most students were gone- I'm really not to creative sorry about that ]