05 | These Beautiful Moments

Shay loved days like this when she could forget the whole world and snuggle up against her boyfriend on a lazy Sunday afternoon. She craved these moments when she didn't have to worry about getting ready for school or settling for her private tutor. She could spend the time with Aarav at his house watching movies or taking naps during their study breaks.

It'd been only a week, but it felt like they had been together for years. It didn't seem that huge a difference between being in friendship with Aarav or being Aarav's girlfriend except, of course, the intimacy. Although they were as comfortable around each other as before, they now lived inside their little love bubble. The rest of the world faded around it.

They were seeking each other's presence every minute of the day. Even though it wasn't always physically possible, they stole touches during the class, walked hand in hand in the hallways, and kissed when no one was watching, sometimes at the dock, his car, on the couch while watching movies or studying.

On that note, Ryan was not hanging out with them as frequently as before. He would either spend most of his free school hours in the library or remain cooped up in his room when Shay was around.

Shay did want all of these alone moments with Aarav. But she still missed how three of them used to watch anime together or played video games in the basement, where Shay currently was curled up against Aarav's chest, wrapped in his body warmth and his calming scent.

It was one of those days when she had snuck into their villa in the name of preparing for the upcoming finals. They were doing that, but also relishing each other's presence. Her mother kept her on a tight lease ever since Aarav announced their relationship in front of their families. So, moments like these were rare. Her mind drifted to the conversation they had with her parents just a few days ago.

"If you ever hurt my daughter in any way!" Her father's voice had been harsher than usual, while her mother shot daggers at both of them from across the coffee table. As Aarav didn't want her to go through it alone, so there he was sitting with Shay and Sehgal couple on the same evening when he had an earful from his dad.

"I know my dad, and you guys think of me as the irresponsible twin, but I respect your daughter. I grew up caring for her, and I would never do anything to hurt her. I promise you that in my own life, Sir." Aarav assured her father with his chin high. Her parents regarded Shay with an intense look, trying to search for any hesitation, but there was none.

Shay took a deep sigh, trying to subdue her thundering heart, then spoke up to both of them. "We won't do anything that will sabotage our future, dad. I know we will be off for our dream colleges in a few months, but this new thing between us is forever."

"And we have our entire life to work things out between us. I will love Shay the right way, Sir." Aarav completed her, his fingers finding their way to her sweaty hands under the table. The warm smile on his face and the confident look made Shay proud of having him as her partner.

"It's good to know that you guys have grown into responsible young adults. I wouldn't expect any less from you." Although, her dad sounded a little dissatisfied with their sudden change of relationship. He patted Aarav's shoulder and gave him a nod before leaving.

Her mother, on the other hand, made sure to show concern as openly as possible. Shay had always admired her mother for the dedication she put in her work and family. One look at Aarav's pale face was enough to tell he was more scared of her mother than her father.

True to his words, Aarav was very careful when it came to their love life. It was not that they didn't want to do more than make out with each other every chance they got, but Shay knew they weren't fully ready for the next step. Above all, she loved the innocent closeness more than anything.