CHAPTER THIRTEEN

CHAPTER THIRTEENTIME IS OF THE ESSENCE"keeping your heart safe"˚✧₊⁎*⁎⁺˳✧༚

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE
"keeping your heart safe"
˚✧₊*⁎⁺˳✧༚

      "Aurora where is Sebastian!?"

     It hadn't taken too much time before Aurora grew tired of the company of the Portuguese man, and literally everyone else. She didn't exactly view herself as the most social person. This was the most social she had been in a long time, excluding any social interactions with Mary and servants, of course. As her social battery was running out, Aurora excuse herself from the strangers trying to strike up a conversation with her. One thing Aurora always found odd was the way complete and utter strangers would approach the princess with no hesitation, always acting like they knew her. She didn't like it.

In fact, she preferred to be anonymous most of the time. Yet that never really stopped her from speaking her mind, of course. No matter the crowd.

When making her escape, Aurora had been almost ambushed by an out of breath and sweatty looking Francis. He panted, his face red, a thin layer of sweat coating his facial features. Aurora had furrowed her brows at the dauphin, impatiently waiting for him to catch his breath so he could stage his business with her. When he finally did, she hadn't expected him to ask about his bastard brother's whereabouts.

"How should I know? Does it look like I'm your personal tracking dog? Ask someone else." She had responded rudely. Francis had redeemed himself slightly after the whole fiasco, but Aurora couldn't help acting hostile against him still. She was just skeptical. . .

Francis frowned deeply at her response. He was in a rush at the very moment. He needed to get to Sebastian as quickly as possible to sober him up. Francis had managed to convince his father to allow a few companies to travel to Scotland at once to help fight off the English. Time was important right now, and Francis had no time to deal with Aurora's attitude. If this hadn't been the case, he obviously would have tried apologizing to the princess again, but alas, this was the circumstances.

"Aurora, please. It is about the safety and protection of Scotland, your country." Francis said, putting emphasis on the word 'your'. He needed to appeal to her feelings. Which he successfully did.

"What's going on?" Aurora question, worry clearly visible on her face.

"There's no time to explain. I need to find Bash." Francis replied hastily.

Aurora sighed. "The last time I saw him, which was about two and a half hours ago, he was staggering back to the castle. He looked quite drunk, so whatever important business you have with him will probably have to wait till he's a whole lot more sober." Aurora said, jutting her thumb in the direction of the castle behind her.