CHAPTER FIFTEEN

CHAPTER FIFTEENTRAPPED AND CONTROLLED"this 60/40 isn't working"˚✧₊⁎*⁎⁺˳✧༚

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
TRAPPED AND CONTROLLED
"this 60/40 isn't working"
˚✧₊*⁎⁺˳✧༚

A few things happened after Aurora had royally beat both Francis and Tòmas at archery. Not only did the two men wear sour faces, glaring daggers and each other and Aurora, but they wouldn't stop sulking. At last Tómas was announced as the winner. Even if Aurora did better than both of them combined. She was surely going to get a piece of her uncles mind after this. . .

Just after Tómas was pronounced champion, the king rose to make an announcement of his own. With an accusing finger pointed and a harsh glare, he looked at the English diplomat; Simon. Guards grabbed the bewilder man, pulling him away as Henry declared him as the spy, and informed that there would be held a feast where he would await his execution. Aurora watched the English man yelling and wailing his arms as he was pulled away. A horrible feeling was tugging at the buttom of her stomach. Something wasn't adding up. And she was intending to find out just what.

˚✧₊*⁎⁺˳✧༚

     Aurora found out what was up.

     Aurora usually always believed her gut feeling, especially when it was telling her somethign was wrong. Fortunately for her, and everyone else, she was very, very right this time. You see, when the horrible feeling struck Aurora she couldn't help but to pay an extra eye on Tómas. Discreetly, of course. If the Portuguese bastard discovered she was failing him it wouldn't look good for her or the French court.

     The Scottish princess had discovered that Simon had in fact not been behind the attack at her and Sebastian that night, it had all been orchestrated by Tómas. Why? Bash and Rory had been riding out to send companies to fight for Scotland at the borders against England. This fell in favor of the French, which in turn fell in favor of Francis. Which meant that it was not a good thing for Tómas. His engagement with Mary was relying on her desperately needing companies for her country. If the French were able to provide this, Mary would surely break off their engagement. And he was riding on wedding a queen if he wanted to be made legitimate. Without Mary at his side, he wouldn't be legitimized which meant that he would not be next in line for the throne.

     It was all about power. And God knew this pathetic Portuguese man needed a power boost.

     Right now she was standing in a field of poppies, her arrow aimed directly at Tómas, head. He was staring coldly at her, a sick look on his face. There were no traces of fear evident on his face, instead he looked amused.

     "Perhaps I fell for the wrong sister." Tómas said, daringly taking a step closer. His eye twitched slightly. His plan was to lunge at the princess and rip the weapon out of her hands. Tómas had yet to decide if he was going to execute her on the spot or if she perhaps would prove useful in other ways.