CHAPTER SIX

CHAPTER SIXSIBLINGS SHARE"you're the man, but i got the power"˚✧₊⁎*⁎⁺˳✧༚

CHAPTER SIX
SIBLINGS SHARE
"you're the man, but i got the power"
˚✧₊*⁎⁺˳✧༚

Not to be a complete pessimist, but one thing Aurora despised more then the English, were parties. Sadly, she was currently trapped in a situation with both. How perfect.

Aurora wasn't sure if she was currently trapped in a deadly tight corset covered underneath a beautiful dress because Madeleine's presence in court was being celebrated, or if it was because of something involving the English. She didn't really listen when the maids practically stormed her room to dress her up, pulling and tugging on her wild mane while covering every facial flaw with makeup. Aurora firmly believed that the less she knew about the party, the less painful it would be. It made no sense really, and she had no argument to back up her beliefs, but the theory of hers made the night easier to get through.

One thing she was certainly not about to do, was mingle. Gosh, how much she hated parties. For more reasons than one. For instance, on parties you had to be social, talk politics, be friendly. All of which Aurora was not and all of which she deeply hated. Why would anyone enjoy speaking of boring politics to people that didn't really care? Aurora preferred talking to a brick wall, to be completely honest.

Ignoring some of Mary's ladies, like Greer and Lola, trying to convince her to speak with some of the single men of the courts (men bearing very important titles), she sipped on whatever beverages in her hand. Aurora wasn't quite sure what it was, but it contain alcohol, which was enough of a reason to be drinking it. That was one pro for parties. They usual served alcohol to no end, which was a necessity at such a horrid event.

Ok, so maybe Aurora was being a little dramatic and overkill either her hatred towards parties, but this one was certainly meeting up her every expectation of failure. Not only was there a ridiculously big amount of people here, but a lot of them were English, as well as Greer kept pestering Aurora about finding a suitor. This was official as bad as it could possibly get.

"Aurora—"

"Greer, don't you have anything better to do other than nagging on me every third minute about a suitor? I am doing perfectly fine by myself, thank you very much." The blonde rolled her eyes at Aurora, not at all surprised or caught of guard by her hostile tone. It was typical Aurora to shun anything involving a man, let alone something romantically involving a man. Scratch that. Anything other then Mary, nature and defying the society's view on women was not worthy her ears.

Greer settled for an eye roll. "You are horribly stubborn, has anyone ever told you that, Aurora?"

     Aurora sent a cheeky grin in Greer's direction. "Yes, you have, several times." Greer grinned back.