Chapter 7

Tonight was the night I meet Tigerheart at the twoleg den. I wondered all day what I thought would happen, but every time it changed to a different story. As I walk out of the Elder's den, I bump into Milie, and she drops the mouse she was carrying. "Hey! This was for Briarlight, and now its all dusty! Watch where your walking." She snaps. I look at her as she stomps over to the fresh kill pile, and Graystripe hurries up to me. "Sorry, she's still a little shaken up since..." He paused, looking away, then looking back. "The accident." He finishes, and pads to the barrier, towards Brightheart, Squirrelflight and Lionblaze with his head down. My mind goes back to Tigerheart and the meeting, then the Dark Forest. I hope no one notices we're gone. "Ivypool, Ivypool come on!" Someone shouts and I look around and see Jayfeather waving his tail. I quickly hop over, trying to think of what he wants me for. "You were going to help me gather herbs today, remember?" He sarcastically growls with a flick of his tail as he turns toward the thorn barrier. After a little while of gathering about like two leaves, we head back to camp and I notice Dovewing talking to Firestar, again. Ugh, why can't someone notice ME for once? All I want ever seem to do is help gather a bunch of useless leaves.