Chapter 29

Dovewing's POV
I can't let her know, no matter how much guilt I feel. It would ruin everything. She's okay with this, she's not suspicious, it can stay that way. Dovewing paced in the nursery, settling down after a while.

Ivypool's POV
"Good morning." Ivypool mumbled grumpily, upset that Tigerheart had gotten mad at her the night before. Brambleclaw sighed, waiting for her to join the patrol of three. "What now?" He asked, and she shook her head. "I'm fine." Ivypool answered, walking over to Lionblaze and just wanting to get the patrol over with. It was hot and she didn't want to stay long. After checking both borders, she felt like Brambleclaw was purposely making her spend time with them. He kept trying to talk to her to find out what was bothering her, but Ivypool didn't feel like spoiling the biggest secret of her life and possibly ruining everything. "Alright, I think that's good for today. Let's head back." Brambleclaw announced, and Ivypool sighed gratefully. She took the lead back to camp, wanting to just be by herself. Unfortunately, her attention was brought to a crowd around the nursery. She frowned, hurrying over and pushing her way to the front, suspecting it was her sister. "Ivypool! I'm so glad you're here!" Dovewing purred, sounding tired and out of breath. Ivypool smiled brightly at her sister and a proud Bumblestripe who was next to her. She looked down to see the kits and froze. All of them but one were brown. What? Dovewing and Bumblestripe are grey though... how could the kits be brown? Ivypool sat carefully beside her mother, who was beaming with pride. "We can all name one." Dovewing murmured, wrapping her tail securely around her kits. The three discussed kit names while Ivypool faded into her own thoughts. I'm trying so hard not to make assumptions, but I can't help but think that she must've had kits with someone other than Bumblestripe. I don't know anyone in ThunderClan that she got close to, but she couldn't have gone with someone in another clan... right? Ivypool excused herself and quickly walked into the forest, feeling stuffy and hot. She felt like if she stayed any longer she would've suffocated. She knew they were going to ask questions, but she didn't care; it's not like she was obligated to answer them. Ivypool paused, looking at the lake. It seemed smaller than when she went out earlier, but it didn't look too bad. Walking over to it, she gently dipped a paw in and smiled. The gentle ripples of the water calmed her. "Ivypool?" She heard a voice behind her, pulling her away from her thoughts. How long was I out here? Ivypool wondered when she noticed the sky getting darker. "Ivypool, everyone's worried about you. Why did you leave so fast?" Whitewing frowned. "I felt really suffocated with all those cats crowded around the small den." Ivypool replied with a mumble, beginning to walk back toward camp. "Okay, well she wants you to name the last kit. The three names right now are Finchkit, Amberkit, and Tigerkit. Aren't they so cute?" Ivypool was suddenly struck with understanding. Tigerheart! Of course, why would they have been giving each other looks at gatherings? And Dovewing had to have been meeting him before. How could she do that? How could he do that to me? I thought he loved me. "Ivypool? Hello?" Whitewing sighed, tapping her daughter with her tail. "You're naming the silver one. Choose carefully though, I think Bumblestripe wanted to name that one." Ivypool nodded, thinking of names. They're half-clan kits; they deserve to be treated like half-clan kits. She began to feel anger crawling through her head. The little fox-dung shouldn't be named, they should just be thrown to the river and washed away for everyone to laugh at. Those rats shouldn't exist. "Willowkit." Ivypool finally decided, sitting next to her sister. "That's a beautiful name. Thank you." She purred, nuzzling Willowkit. She looks so happy, but it can't last. She broke the warrior code, so she has to pay. At night when she went to the Dark Forest, her mind was only focused on Tigerheart. He betrayed me. How could he? I haven't done anything wrong. She stormed past other cats, looking around furiously to find the familiar brown tabby. "Explain everything." She spat once she spotted him. "Huh?" He frowned, taking a step back since she was so mad. "With Dovewing! Her kits look exactly like you, and there's only one reason for that. Explain yourself, fox-dung!" Ivypool unsheathed her claws, glaring at him. "Nothing happened between us." Tigerheart mumbled, causing Ivypool to claw him across the face. "Tell me!" She roared. "Fine! I'm the father of those kits, and she's lied to everyone except me. Are you happy now? Do you feel accomplished? Because guess what; I don't care. No ones going to believe you since you're insane. I'm ashamed to say I ever loved you." Tigerheart snarled, and Ivypool stumbled back. "You... you betrayed me. How could you do that? I'm so broken because of you! I loved you and you don't even care. The only thing you care about is yourself." Ivypool felt tears forming at her eyes. "That's not true. You're just delusional. Goodbye Ivypool, and tell your sister I said hey." Tigerheart turned and walked away to find someone to train with. He can't get away with this. You can't just do that to someone and expect them to be okay. Ivypool stood in the same position, staring at the spot where Tigerheart stood moments ago. "Go, Ivypool. Do what you must." She tensed at the voice, but steadied herself. I will do what I must; I must kill those kits.