Chapter 15

Its the next day. Great. Just what we all need. Oh, and did I mention it was the gathering tonight? Which makes it even better. Just perfect. Absolutely no problems. Graystripe wasn't getting better, nor Cherrypaw, and everyone else was as grumpy as usual. I pad over to the group of about four cats; Brambleclaw, Millie, Dovewing and Cinderheart. As soon as I open my mouth, Cinderheart hisses "Are you going to be our deputy and help Firestar get the clan back together, or are we going to sit here like a group of ungrateful rogues?" Brambleclaw narrows his eyes at her. "Don't you think I know what's best, or do you think you're in charge?" Without giving her a chance to finish, he goes on. "Firestar and I will decide what we're doing later. You can stay out of it." He snaps. I look at the cats around me. Maybe I can help somehow... I will do something... Whispering my plan to Dovewing, she nods and goes to the Apprentices den. I head to the Warriors den, and calling into the semi-lit den, "Anyone up for hunting patrol or border patrol? We need to do those things." I back out, and Lionblaze, Cloudtail, Bumblestripe, Birchfall and Whitewing all follow me. "We need to put this clan back together. And we will do it. ShadowClan doesn't scare me, or anyone around here! We are ThunderClan, and that means we are the bravest and strongest of them all!" Lionblaze roars. "Yeah!" Everyone agrees. I smile, and look over to see Dovewing with nobody. "There isn't any apprentices. But I see you've got warriors." I nod, and meow, "Who wants hunting patrol? Its going to need to be a big group, since we have a lot of starving cats." Birchfall perks his ears. "I'll be on hunting patrol." Whitewing steps up. "Me too." Bumblestripe and Lionblaze nod their heads. "Dovewing, can you go with them?" I ask. She nods and the group goes out.

A little while later...

The fresh kill pile was almost full, but still cats didn't seem to be happy. I decide to go out on my own to take a walk, and I tell Dovewing to tell everyone else if they ask. I could collect some moss, too, for the old nests around. My paws carry me in the direction of the twoleg nest and I see the old, brown torn down nest waiting for me to calm down in there. But when I padded inside, I saw a brown tabby back sitting in the middle of the nest. Could it... No. As soon as I step in, the cat turns its head. Tigerheart? What is he doing here? "Ivypool?" He asks, and I stare at him. "What are you uh... doing here?" I ask him. He smiles and stands to look at me. "Well, I like this place, it lets me be calm and not stress. And... I'm sorry for how I acted last night. I... I shouldn't have." He waves me over with his tail. I start to cautiously make my way over and sit next to him. "Its okay." I meow.