Chapter 22

Ivypool's POV
She had been avoiding the deputy for a while, seeing as she didn't want him to notice anything off with her. She was still upset about her father but it had been a few days and she was slowly recovering from it. The clan had mostly returned to their normal schedule, other than WindClan cats helping out. It should have lifted Ivypool's mood, but it only made her more hostile toward the other cats. Firestar was a lot more attentive to ThunderClan only to make sure they were being welcoming to the WindClan intruders. She listened to Cloudtail and Brambleclaw talking beside the fresh kill pile. "How long are they going to stay here?" Cloudtail asked the deputy. "I'm not sure, but I've asked Firestar and he said he will ask Onestar once the leader looks a bit like himself." Cloudtail sighed softly. "I don't know why but I feel like this is some elaborate plan to attack us or something. I just can't seem to trust them." Brambleclaw threw a look at the tom as a WindClan she-cat passed by, dipping his head in a greeting. Tired, Ivypool glanced around for her sister so they could spend some time together, but she was helping Jayfeather and Leafpool with something. Ivypool decided a walk would cool her off so she headed out, tail tip swaying lightly. Only until she had reached the twoleg den did she realize where her paws had led her. She suddenly thought of Tigerheart and tensed, hoping he didn't happen to be there. Padding cautiously toward the den, she scented around before looking in. She didn't see anything, but most of the sides were shielded by the shade. After deciding it was safe, she hurried out to a spot were sunlight met the old wood and sat down, closing her eyes with a soft sigh. "What are you doing here?" She heard a voice call out. "This isn't clan territory." She glanced around, a flash of fear building up in her chest. The voice didn't sound like Tigerheart's, and she didn't exactly want to find out who it belonged to. She stood and hurried toward the exit, but was stopped shortly by a short brown tom jumping in her way. "You smell like that clan that's obsessed with trees." He snickered, tail lashing. "I don't know what you want with me, but I'll be leaving if you don't want me here." Ivypool mewed quickly, trying to edge the fear out of her tone. "I feel that my friends don't want you leaving without a little... mark." He grinned, turning toward her a bit more. She heard small pawsteps behind her and made the mistake of looking around. She noticed cats on all sides, grinning mischievously and crawling toward her. This must be a nightmare.. it can't be real, none of this is real. She closed her eyes and braced for the impact of several claws. After a few moments, it didn't come. She opened her eyes slowly, noticing the cats were gone. What? Where did they go? She was confused before Brambleclaw and Whitewing appeared from the shadows. She breathed a sigh of relief before realizing they'd ask her why she was here, so close to ShadowClan territory. "I don't think you realize I'm still keeping an eye on you." Brambleclaw murmured, staring at her in suspicion. Ivypool frowned, refusing to look up at the tom. "Lets go back to camp. I won't ask any questions, but it better not happen again." Brambleclaw turned and began walking back toward camp, the two following him. "What if we hadn't shown up? You could've been killed!" Whitewing flustered, pressing against her daughter. Ivypool didn't answer, just silently wished Brambleclaw had picked another warrior that was more sensible. At camp, she had gone to cool down by eating a finch and thinking to herself. Perhaps Tigerheart had something to do with it. What could he have done? He doesn't have powers like Dovewing to see what's happening here. There's no way he could've known I was going to the twoleg den. Maybe he wasn't involved at all... She shook her head, glancing up to look around her. A flash of fear struck her when she noticed her sister wasn't around. They always seem to be sharing looks at gatherings. What if she's teaming up with him to kill me?