Chapter 10

I was fighting with all my might, wishing the second patrol would hurry their tails up. We were losing badly, more and more cats streaming in from the shadows, slashing and biting our warriors. Badly outnumbered, we were backed into a corner of brambles, and we had to fight fiercely to get out. I lunge at a huge black ShadowClan tom who was batting Cherrypaw like she was a flower, sinking my claws in and screeching when he sliced my stomach. Graystripe hurries over after taking a blow from a hefty tortoiseshell she-cat, slicing the tom's ear and pulling me away. "Thanks." I murmur, but he's already gone. ThunderClan's screeches and cries were so loud I bet StarClan could hear them, but yet again, I have super hearing... Whatever. Doesn't matter. Finally, I hear Firestar's signal and cats from ThunderClan stream in, lunging and clawing at ShadowClan cats. Finally! We're winning! Then even more ShadowClan cats burst from the bushes. It seemed like there was the whole entire forest here! Slicing a cat's nose, I hurry along fighting every cat I see. "Retreat ThunderClan! Retreat!" Firestar screeches. ThunderClan cats fly through the bushes, heading back to camp quickly, many cats being held up by another. Brightheart had scratches all over her, a sliced nose and ear, and was bleeding heavily. "Ha! Now we can prove that ThunderClan is just a bunch of kittypets. Just wait till everyone at the Gathering hears about this!" Blackstar yowls after us. All of ShadowClan joins in, snarling and yowling insults at us.