Chapter 28

Ivypool's POV
"Nice work Ivypool, you've definitely improved since the first time you joined us. I'm glad that you're taking this seriously." Hawkfrost complimented, walking over to Ivypool who had just finished training with some other Dark Forest member. "Oh, thanks." She said awkwardly, not used to compliments. Hawkfrost looked at her for a bit longer before dipping his head and retreating, leaving her to ponder why he said that. He must be looking for the loyal cats so he can get rid of the ones who just fool around. She shuddered, thinking about how they 'got rid' of cats. I hope they weren't much to their clans. She exited the Dark Forest, sleeping for the rest of the night. Ivypool was woken early at dawn to patrol with Cloudtail and Dustpelt along the WindClan border and check around the lake. It went normally, finding nothing other than the scent drifting across from the wind. Ivypool trudged beside the two older warriors, frowning. I wonder where Tigerheart was last night. Usually I'm the only one he trains with, but he probably had something important to do. When she returned to camp, she grabbed a mouse and joined Briarlight to have a small conversation since she seemed lonely. Ivypool had later decided to take a nap while laying in the sun since the weather was beginning to get hotter. She smiled, happy that her sister would be having kits in Greenleaf, which is one of the better times to have kits. "Hey, could I join you? The sun is nice today. Hopefully it'll be like that for a few more days," Blossomfall asked with a kind smile, laying nearby Ivypool when she nodded. They stayed in a comfortable silence as the two fell asleep, getting much-needed naps since they both spent time at the Dark Forest. It's strange; I don't see Blossomfall at the Dark Forest much. She must be off training with someone else who I also don't see much. Now that I think about it, the only cats I normally see are Tigerheart and the 'leaders' of the Forest. Ivypool yawned as she rolled onto her paws, still a bit tired from sleeping. She glanced to the sky and noticed it was near sundown, so she hurried to see if anyone needed her help. "Hey, Ivypool!" Dovewing called from the entrance to the nursery, flashing a bright smile. Ivypool returned a smile and dipped her head, walking over. "You seemed like you had nothing to do, so I figured we could talk a bit. I mean, unless you're busy; I don't want to hold you back from completing-" Ivypool laughed, interrupting her. "Just because I'm a warrior doesn't mean I'm always busy. Yes, I can talk to you." She meowed, causing her sister to laugh as well. "Okay, well I was wondering how the last gathering was, since I wasn't able to go." Dovewing asked. "Oh, nothing really happened. Onestar said something about how RiverClan was trying to take prey, but everyone doubted it since RiverClan usually eats fish anyway." Ivypool informed her, and Dovewing tilted her head as if she was thinking. "That could be a really smart plan if you think about it. RiverClan is making sure everyone knows they eat fish so if they steal anything nobody with suspect them." Ivypool was taken aback and thought about that as well. RiverClan isn't that smart, right? If they are, then I guess it wouldn't be too bad for us since they're on the other side of the lake. "It's getting pretty late, I'm going to sleep. Goodnight Ivypool." Dovewing murmured, turning and walking to her nest in the nursery. Ivypool hurried off to the warriors den and got comfortable in her nest so she could fall asleep quickly, not wanting to show up late to the Forest. When she got there, Ivypool looked around before deciding to walk through the Forest a bit. She was familiar with most of the paths and clearings there since she had been to the Forest so many times. "Tigerheart!" Ivypool meowed excitedly as she noticed the ShadowClan warrior appearing nearby. "Oh, hey Ivypool." He greeted, walking over. "Before we start training, I want to know what's up. You've been much quieter and I didn't see you at all yesterday." Ivypool asked, concern flashing in her eyes. "Nothing's wrong, Ivypool. I just wasn't feeling like being very social and yesterday I was guarding the entrance." Tigerheart explained, frowning. Ivypool sighed, looking at the ground. I guess I'm just a little paranoid, but I don't know why. I should just let it go. "Well, you wanna get training or just stand here?" She picked up her enthusiasm, looking at him again. "Sure, but this time I know I'll beat you." He smiled and walked after her.

A/N: Sorry if this one has mistakes, I was having some bad writers block yesterday and most of today so I wasn't able to read over it much since I wanted to get a chapter out for you.