chapter 8 "lets talk, shall we?"

Kai stood there for a moment as he seemed to think about the situation before walking over to his phone and looking at it. I winced hoping he wasn't checking his text messages. "Well... here's the thing." He starts, his voice wavering. Cole and I both look at him intently. "These messages from Skylar, the threats she makes. She will keep, so... I don't think you guys should do anything." He stated. We looked at him confused. "What do you mean us guys?" Cole asked kai. Kai sighed, "Skylar told me not to tell anyone or else there will be consequences. However. She never said anything about me breaking up with her. If I break it off, things like this shouldn't happen again as long as I stay away. Which I would have no problem doing." Kai stated. I thought about what he said. "But what if she attacks you or tries something when you do?" Cole asked. I nodded thinking the same thing. Kai sighed. "I'll get away and come back here. I have more experience than she does. I would be able to slip away and escape. While you guys know where I'm going so if I suddenly disappear so..." Kai started. "We would know who did it and different places to look." I mumbled. He nodded. "Don't worry guys. I should be fine... now that I know what she's doing. She won't get away with it." Cole sighed and nodded. "Ok." He mumbled. "And if she somehow manages to attack you in front of us later on?" I questioned. He smiled. "Then you guys can do something, that's like she's telling on herself" he stated. Cole hummed. Actually yeah... that is isn't it?" Cole stated. I looked at Cole worried about this plan. He seemed to also be uneasy about it. Kai sighed. "I'll be fine guys. Think about it. She wasn't brave enough to do what she did without the help of those drugs. I highly doubt she will be brave enough to face me when I'm fully sober." He stated. I sighed. "Fine... just be careful." I replied, realizing kai was not going to change his mind about it. Cole still looked doubtful though. "But SHE was brave enough to send you home like this, still drugged up. It's as if she wanted someone to find out." Cole mumbled, trying not to mention Skylar's name. Kai looked down. "Look, I don't want to think about that right now. If something goes wrong I'll tell you guys. I promise."
Cole looked at me still uncomfortable with the situation before looking back at kai. "You promise? Promise on your own grave?" Cole questioned. Kai nodded. "I promise on my own grave I will tell you guys if something goes wrong." He stated with a small smile.
Cole seemed satisfied enough and nodded. "Fine. I'll let you go." He mumbled. I nodded in response.

I walked up the steps to Skylar's apartment slowly, not wanting to get near the place. I dreadfully walked up to her door, making a fist and raising my hand to knock on the door, however before I knocked the door swung open and Skylar stood there with a smug grin. "Come in, I've been expecting you. We have a lot to disobey don't we?" She stated almost teasingly. I remained silent as I put my thoughts together and stepped into the house, hearing her lock the door behind me. Deciding its best I remained compliant at the moment yet remained alert I put my hand over the handle of the small dagger I brought with me just in case. Her apartment looked nothing like it did before when I came to visit. Instead of the usual bright lights, lighting up the house to the point you barely saw a dark spot in the apartment. The apartment was dark and had these dim lights that barely lit up the room. The nice couch she had along with the T.V had disappeared and in the place were these dark and uncomfortable-looking chairs with a chess table in the middle, but the chess pieces were not normal chess pieces, they were custom made to look like people, but I couldn't tell who from the distance I was from them. Those were the only things I could see clearly, everything was so dark and quiet it was disturbing. Not even the neighbors were making a sound. She walked over to one of the chairs, the more comfortable looking one I would say with the chair having soft cushions, it kinda reminded me of her father's throne except without the giant obnoxious snakehead that was on it, and instead of being this blue, black, red and gold color, it was the color of her outfit which was a yellowish-orange. She motioned for me to sit across from her. I complied knowing she has something up her sleeve yet I didn't want to be too irrational with this situation. She smiled at me as I went over to the wooden chair she had on the opposite side of her that is highly uncomfortable looking. Once I sat down I could see the chess pieces more clearly now. The chess pieces weren't custom-made of random people. They were us. It was all the elemental masters. I looked up at her as she had this grin on her face. One I knew was bad. She stared at me for a moment before speaking. "Let's talk, shall we?"

Ohhh I'm proud of how I described this. I usually don't take time to describe stuff like that in detail but I should do it more often.