002. new year, old allies

new year, old allies / chapter two

LIKE ANY OTHER DAY BEFORE THE NEW SCHOOL YEAR, Marley would spend her entire evening at the Humphrey's loft, her night consisting of staying up until midnight through Jenny's excitement of the Kiss on the Lips party she had somehow been invited to.

The moment she had woken up, she could hear the Humphrey's conversation of the same party that had little Jenny babbling so much about.

"It's called the Kiss on the Lips party, everyone's going." Jenny responded to Mr. Humphrey's question.

"You were invited to that?" Dan asked, almost sounding surprised. Who could blame him though, Marley herself had been a bit skeptical at first.

And with good reason too, after all it was Blair's party. Nothing good ever came out of it, at least not that wasn't beneficial to her.

"One of the girls in my art class saw my calligraphy, and she said that if I addressed all the invitations that I could have one." The girl replied in a keenly matter.

"I thought you said Blair handed you one?" Marley finally came out after eavesdropping for a minute, her school uniform now on.

Jenny had lied to her about how she got her hands on an invitation, but the question was why? She wouldn't have minded the truth, because if she was being honest, it would've made more sense than Blair giving her one of the blue — especially considering they weren't friends.

"Marley, you- you're up." Jenny stuttered, caught off guard by her sudden appearance, as were Mr. Humphrey and Dan.

"Want some pancakes Mars? They're in the shape of a planet!" Mr. Humphrey offered while holding up two pancakes with a spatula.

"No thanks Mr. Humphrey." Marley chuckled. "Besides, we're kind of running late since someone didn't wake me up."

"I'm sorry, but you should have known I'm not very reliable when it comes to being on cue." Dan defended himself, and he was right, he was the least reliable person in Brooklyn.