001. the return of serena

the return of serena / chapter one

HEY UPPER EAST SIDERS, GOSSIP GIRL HERE ... and I have the biggest news ever. One of my many sources, @melanie91, sends us this:

Spotted at Grand Central, bags in hand: Serena Van Der Woodsen. Was it only a year ago our It-Girl mysteriously disappeared for quote, "boarding school?" And just as suddenly she's back. Don't believe me? See for yourselves :

Question is, what does Princess M think about It-Girl's return? Better yet, how does Queen B feel about this? Last we heard, Blair's boyfriend, Nate, had a thing for Serena

Question is, what does Princess M think about It-Girl's return? Better yet, how does Queen B feel about this? Last we heard, Blair's boyfriend, Nate, had a thing for Serena. As for Marley, we heard a rumor she doesn't like S very much for stealing her spotlight at last year's fashion show, or should I say, stealing her crown as It-Girl. Oh dear Marley, she's Serena Van Der Woodsen, that's just what she does.

And lucky for us, @melanie91 sent proof. Thanks for the photos, Mel.

꒰ 💋 ꒱

AFTER GOSSIP GIRL'S LATEST BUZZ, MARLEY decided the best thing to do was to keep a low profile, and what better way to do that in Brooklyn with her aristocratic friend, the one and only Dan Humphrey. After all, he was one of the few people that she considered a friend, matter of fact, probably the only one at this point.

Of course she would hang with Blair once in a while, but that was never really a choice of hers. If she was being honest, the only reason the two girls would ever be seen together was because they shared a mutual friend, Serena, but that changed when she left for boarding school last year. Since then, Blair and Marley had barely seen each other over the past months. Why? Because they didn't really have anything in common, other than their high status and wealth.

And things seemed strange after Serena left, stranger than usual. Every time Marley would bring Serena up, Blair would shut her down. It's like she wanted Serena gone from her life, every single part of it, even their pictures were gone from her room. The worst part was that Marley had no idea what had happened between the two, as Blair refused to talk about her, and anyone associated with Serena for that matter. Maybe that's one of the reasons why they stopped hanging out, Serena was the glue holding them together, and when she left, there was no more glue to hold them anymore.