005. the wild brunch

the wild brunch / chapter five

I BET YOU'RE WONDERING WHAT GOSSIP GIRL IS DOING UP SO EARLY. Truth is, I never went to bed. Why waste precious time dreaming when walking life is so much better? Is there really anything better than a lazy Sunday? Reading the paper in bed, sipping coffee, scrambling an egg or two. Yeah, right. We Upper East siders don't do lazy. Breakfast is brunch, and it comes with a glass of champagne, a dress code, and a hundred of our closest friends... and enemies.

Chuck's dad, Bart Bass, is hosting the annual brunch for his foundation

Chuck's dad, Bart Bass, is hosting the annual brunch for his foundation. Everyone is invited. Well, not everyone.

Also, it seems like Serena isn't the only one staying at the Palace. Sources say the Wilton siblings are well and cozy in one of the penthouses since late last night. Question is, what will Chuck Bass do when he finds out they're at his daddy's hotel?

"I've told you like a thousand times to stop apologizing Riley." Marley insisted, looking through her purse for her phone. She was sure she had placed it there, but the minutes she had been searching stated otherwise. "Ugh, great. I must have dropped my phone at the stupid party."

"I know but, Chuck is, was my friend. So I feel like I'm supposed to apologize for that itself." He explained himself, shortly after handing her his phone seeing as she was struggling to find hers. "Here, use mine."

"You shouldn't have to apologize on his behalf you know. He's old enough to know right from wrong." She replied, taking the phone from him and dialing random numbers.

"Who are you calling?" He asked.

"Dan. I want to make sure Jenny's okay." She said concernedly, while she waited for the phone to ring.

"Are you two," He stopped, insinuating if there was anything going on between the two friends. "you know.."

"What?! Ew no." She made a distasteful face, not realizing her friend was already on the other end of the line.