006. poison ivy

poison ivy / chapter six

THERE'S PLENTY OF UPSIDE TO BEING the spawn of the fabulously wealthy. But the downside? Super successful parents expect nothing less from their offspring. And when it comes to college, that means the ivies. It's more than just getting into college. It's setting a course for the rest of your life. And for those few who aren't legacies, the pressures are no less. When parents have sacrificed for their children's futures, what kind would wanna let them down?

It was no secret that Marley Wilton's dream school was Yale, one of the most prestigious ivy league school in the country, heck even the world. After all, she wanted to follow in the steps of her dad, Christian, who managed to graduated at Yale Law school as Valedictorian.

Riley on the other hand, wanted to follow in their other dad's footsteps, Greg, who also graduated at his top of the class but at Harvard Law school.

From the moment they learned how to walk, all their parents had ever talked about was for them to get into the big schools — Harvard and Yale. Their lives has practically been planned even before birth, literally. But the two siblings didn't give it much thought, mostly because there wasn't really anything to think of. It was actually quite simple: get good grades, apply to the ivy's, get in.

But of course it was easier said than done, especially when Marley wasn't the only one who was dying to get into Yale. If there was anyone who wanted it more than Marley, it was Blair Waldorf. And everyone knew that when it came to Yale, Blair was capable of doing more harm that good.

Speaking of which, Marley couldn't stop thinking of the event that led to a complete disaster, the annual brunch. But as her thoughts went from Serena and Blair, her mind somehow managed to find space to think about the boy stuck in the middle of the two girls — Nate Archibald.

After abruptly leaving the brunch with Riley and Dan by her side, she soon realized that maybe she had been a little rough on Serena and not enough on Nate. Because above Serena being Blair's friend, Nate was the boyfriend. And that itself should've counted as much as the backstabbing of a best friend.

Marley knew she had no right to judge or demand an explanation, but she couldn't help but feel the need to call him. She would later use her impulsiveness as an excuse for what she had done, which would make sense at the time.

And with Riley's phone unattended, she dialed Nate's number and waited for the other line to ring.

"Hey Riley, what's u-"