010. daredevil

daredevil / chapter ten

WITH BLAIR'S BOYFRIEND, NATE, helping to close up to the family yacht for the season, Blair is free to focus on the most important event of the fall — her annual sleepover. A tradition since the year 2000, each one more decadent than the last. No expense or reputation is spared. With everything from trundle beds to truffles in place, all that's missing is sleepover star and Waldorf's b.f.f, Serena Van Der Woodsen.

And rumor has it our queen M has other plans for today, with the one and only... Chuck Bass? Or at least that's what we think after an important source sent an engrossing picture of Marley and Chuck entering the Bass penthouse late last night, the most interesting part was that M never made it out. We wonder what his best friend Nate thinks about that.

Marley had always been a fan of sleep overs, especially ones that included Blair and Serena. Despite it getting messy sometimes, she never once took sleepovers for granted. That was until recently when Serena took her unexpected leave when she no longer wanted anything to do with them. So for Marley to now be in a weird position with Chuck in the early morning of New York was something she could not fully wrap her head around.

Chuck on the other hand, could care less of what girl was sleeping in his bed, especially because it came to no surprise anymore. Not that he didn't respect Marley or saw her any other way, but she was a girl after all he couldn't deny she was beautiful. Yet he knew better than to try anything given she was her best friend's little sister, that and the fact that he was aware Marley was smarter than to fall for his playboy tricks.

"Calm down Riley." Chuck's voice could be heard from the kitchen, alongside the noise of the pans colliding and plates hitting the floor.

As the conversation continued, Marley decided to get up and reach for her phone on the nightstand, still unaware she had been sleeping in the bed of Chuck Bass.

"She's safe, don't worry. She's with me." Chuck continued, his unbothered tone only irritating Riley to the max.

"That's exactly why I'm worried!"

"Ouch. I'm going to pretend you didn't just say what you said."

"Chuck-"

"Shh. Don't make too much noise. She's still sleeping."

Marley rolled her eyes at his comment, putting her phone down after seeing the numerous calls and texts she had from her brother. She shifted uneasily once she realized the gravity of the situation, and the trouble that both her and Chuck would end in.

"I swear to go-"

"Bye now." Chuck chuckled, shaking his head as he threw his phone carelessly on the kitchen counter. With a smirk plastered on his face, he continued scrambling the eggs and placing them on a plate while he flipped the pancakes.