008. bad news blair

bad news blair / chapter eight

HEY, UPPER EAST SIDERS. There's nothing gossip girl likes more than a surprise, and we hear Blair Waldorf's got a 3-for-1 special. Her mom Eleanor, who just returned to Paris, Serena Van Der Woodsen —brunch buddies—, not to mention seeing the little hot elevator scene yesterday starring her 'ex' friend and her boyfriend. Ouch. When will B catch a break from being stabbed in the back? The answer is, she won't.

As for Marley, we hear she'll be sleeping with one eye open from now until... well, forever.

Luckily, Serena and Blair have plans for the day, which might or might not include Marley. But we also heard, Nate and Chuck are fully booked for the weekend, and their plans do not include the girls.

"Hey! You're up." Serena smiled as she looked at Blair coming down the stairs, a croissant in her hand.

"Unfortunately." The brunette muttered under her breath, no one hearing her.

"Darling it is impolite to interrupt, muah." Eleanor Waldorf politely scolded her daughter, sending her a small kiss. "I was just telling Serena that Bendel's is interested in carrying my line."

"Really? Oh, that's fantastic! Why didn't you say something?" Blair asked, she was so happy that she had forgotten about the elevator scene for a moment.

"I came back from Paris early to put together my look book," Ms. Waldorf began explaining, stopping when she noticed her daughter picking up a fresh croissant. "And if they like what they see, it could be the beginning of an entire lifestyle collection."

"Because more people should be like you, mother." Blair added, taking the croissant and putting in her mouth before her mother made a comment that stopped her.

"Before you tuck into that, you might find a low-fat yogurt more appealing. Trust me sweetheart, it'll get you in shape, like that one friend of yours, what was her name?"

Blair knew exactly who her mother was referring to, so did Serena by the look on her face.

"Marley is it? Oh, yes Marley! Where is she by the way?" Her mother asked, finally remembering the girl's name.

"Probably kissing someone else's boyfriend." Blair scoffed, while Serena quickly changed the conversation before the woman asked any more questions.

"Wow, these are beautiful, Ms. Waldorf." Serena commented on the line of clothes in the rack.

"Well, they will be if they're not all squished from traveling." Ms. Waldorf complained, shortly accompanying Serena. "You have to come back later when everything is unpacked, but I would love to hear your thoughts, and Marley's."