10. Ashley

=*^Sapnap's POV^*=

Karl's mom is the sweetest and best cook I've ever met, she's even letting me stay longer. Her name is Ashley.

I don't think I can ever remember the last time my mom was this nice to me, of course my mom loves me she just is unable to be around me with out my dad beating me up.

"Ashley, thank you so much for the dinner. It was amazing,"

"Of course Nick anything for Karl's friend," to which she raised an eyebrow to Karl, I smiled.

"Mom, we're going upstairs. thanks for dinner," she smiled and Karl helped me upstairs to his room.

Man here we are again, this room is so peaceful and clean I could live in it forever. It fits his vibe so well, way better than my room. My room is so messy and gross. The thing is when I clean it, my dad always messes it up. I've stopped cleaning it, I gave up.

"Nick? You alright? You've been standing in the doorway for a while" I looked at him and smiled, he smiled back.

"yeah I'm good, sorry" Karl's smile dropped he looked upset, but not at me.

"Nick you don't need to apologize for that," I don't? Then why does it feel wrong to not say sorry, I did something wrong, didn't I?

"oh okay sorry" Karl got up and walked over to me,

"Nick, stop saying sorry. You didn't do anything wrong," I didn't do anything wrong?

"I didn't?" He walked me over the the bed, I sat down.

"Nick, you didn't do anything wrong, okay?" I didn't believe him though, I had to have done something wrong. Right?

"oh." I said, he looked upset.

"Let's watch a movie," Karl suggested.

"Sure, why not," I smiled.

We scrolled through some movies and with much convincing I got Karl to watch a horror movie with me. I found out that Karl hates horror, that's fine, I'm just glad he's willing to watch a horror movie with me.

"Start the movie already," I said, Karl giggled and started the movie.

About half way through the movie Karl was basically completely under the blanket, I found it kind of funny. I chuckled, Karl looked at me with fear in his eyes. We watched a scary part and Karl jumped. He hid his face in my hoodie, but then relaxed. He's so cute oh my gosh.

"Nick can we watch something else please," I couldn't say no to him.

"yeah we can Karl, it's a bit scary." he nodded,

Karl laid his head on my chest as I scrolled through some movies. I eventually just settled on watching adventure time, which Karl was completely fine with.

"Karl? Where am I sleeping?" He looked at me and shrugged his shoulders

He kept watching the show, I checked the time and it was 11:39. Gosh it's late, that explains why I'm tired. Maybe one more movie, I'll ask Karl.

"Karl can we watch a movie?" He nodded and took the remote,

"I wanna watch this one" he clicked on 'the flordia project' I've never seen it so I am quite excited.

"okay," I started "it looks good." He giggled and focused on the movie.

Halfway through the movie, I was getting pretty tired I went to look down at Karl and ask where I was sleeping. There is just one problem with that... he's sleeping- I guess I'm sleeping here? I have to change first, I started to get up but then Karl whined.

"Karl" I whispered "I'm going to go change okay?" he nodded,

I left ad I heard Karl turn around and get deeper under the blankets. Man he's so cute, but I need to get my clothes and change.

I had just changed and I was back in the room. How do I get back in the bed? I'll just get under the blankets, I'm really cold.

"Nick?" Karl asked in his sleepy voice, which I think is the softest voice I have ever heard in my life. "Are you coming? Or are you just going to stand there and stare at me?"

I chuckled and crawled in the bed, as soon I was under the blanket, Karl cuddled up to me and his breathing started to slow. As soon as he seemed comfortable and peaceful I knew he was asleep.

"Man, I wish you were mine" I whispered "goodnight Karl"

^*=timeskip=*^

I was the first to wake up, and Karl was still laying on me. Karl looked so pretty under the morning sun,  I honestly don't want to leave. It's so warm and comfortable right here, I could fall back asleep even.

"Nick?" I looked at Karl but he didn't look awake "Nick! Don't leave please! I'm sorry!" I couldn't take any more of this, I had to wake him up.

"Karl?" I started to lightly shake him, "Karl wake up."

"Huh? Nick," I immediately could tell he was crying and out of breath.

"Hey Karl," I said softly "you're okay, it was just a dream." he looked at me, then hugged me tighter.

If only I knew what his dream was about with out asking him. I don't want to ask him, he could get upset again.

"Thanks Nick," he said, he looked hurt and very upset.

I wish I could make him feel better, wait I have an idea. I'll ask Karl's mom what I should do, maybe she'll know.

"You're welcome, I'm going to get something I left downstairs. You stay here I'll be right back," he looked upset that I was leaving but he nodded anyways,

"You'll come back right?" I nodded and smiled, he smiled back at me.

"Ah there's that Karl smile," he giggled.

"Ok I'll be right back," he nodded as I left the room.

As I tried to go downstairs I realized the difficulties of going downstairs with crutches, maybe I should yell for Ashley.

"A-" Karl came around the corner and giggled,

"Kinda hard to go down the stairs without help," I chuckled and he laughed.

As soon as we got downstairs I could see Ashley making us pancakes and French toast, it smelled delicious. My mouth was watering so much, but I need to talk to her about Karl. He still seems upset, that didn't seem like a very good to wake up from.

"Hey Ashley, smells good! But I have a question for you," she turned around and smiled.

"Thanks Nick, what is the question?" I looked around to see where Karl was, he was sitting on the couch. He's far enough away,

"I was wondering what I should do when Karl is upset, he woke up for a pretty bad nightmare today." She grinned, she knew exactly what she was going to say didn't she.

"Well Nick, Karl loves lots of things. I'd say just spend as much time as you can with him, you could go to the mall or out for lunch, the movies even."

"okay cool cool,"

"if you're going to the movies though I'll have to rent out a theater, Karl hates crowded rooms when he's full of anxiety already. That could throw him into a panic," I nodded.

"Could you rent a theater room out?" Ashley nodded, "thanks so much,"

"Of course,"

1185 words
A/N
Thanks for reading!! Have a good day/ night 💕💕