31. birthday-date? Pt. 1

~*~^Karl's POV^~*~

One week after Dream asked (Karl's birthday)

I can't believe today is my birthday, I'm so excited that I have Nick and all my friends to spend it with this year. I'm so glad Nick walked into my life when he did.

"Happy birthday cutie," I heard Nick say from the doorway. I smiled and went to hug him.

"Thank you Nick." I heard him laugh, then he hugged back.

"So I have lots of plans today for you, but that's after everything with your mom so have fun today." I tilted my head,

"Are you going to be gone," I paused, "all day?"

"oh goodness Karl no of course not, it's your birthday." I sighed in relief, "I'll only be gone about two hours, I'm leaving in ten." I frowned.

"why are you leaving me?" I tried to hold back a smile.

"I'm not, it's 6 am Karl. Go back to sleep." I frowned.

"I can't without you," Nick laughed and sat next to me, playing with my hair. I felt drowsy and then fell asleep.

_*% Nick's POV %*_ (really short, I promise)

After Karl fell asleep I got up carefully and went to the car to set up the field with George and Dream, "the new happy couple" thanks to me and Karl.

I saw Dream pick a flower and place it in George's hair, I snickered pulling out my phone to take a video for Karl to see. After Dream placed the flower behind George's hair he kissed him quickly then kept setting up, leaving George confused.

"Hey love pigeons," Dream looked at me hastily,

"Why pigeons?" George asked,

"Well George it's because pigeons mate for life, most birds don't." Dream laughed, "what's so funny DrEaM." I said teasing him.

"Where'd you learn that? Karl?" Disappointed that he knows I nodded slowly.

"Okay you know what lets just set up the field please, thanks"

I'm here for two long hours, third-wheeling..

~*~^Karl's POV^~*~

I wake up to it being only 7 am meaning Nick wasn't back yet, I frowned. Why was he gone anyways?

I walked downstairs and immediately was scared by my mom singing happy birthday behind me. I laughed while she sang.

"So Karl, what are you doing with Nick today?" My mom asked with a slight smirk,

"nothing that I know of, why?" She smiled,

"Because I want to spend some time with you as well." I nodded and hugged her.

"What's for breakfast?" I asked excited for my birthday breakfast.

"Your favorite, funfetti pancakes." I jumped up and down.

"The kind with the yummy glaze on top?" My mom nodded and pointed to the dining room, I walked in and saw that my pancakes were sitting on the table.

"Eat up honey, I'm going to go do some stuff. Nick's mom is here to hang with you, she really wants to get to know you.

"Okay thanks mom," she nodded,

"Be back in an hour!"

"Bye!" I frowned when she walked out of the door, why is everyone leaving.

_*% Nick's POV %*_ (IM SO SORRY BUT)

I walk into the jewelry store and I have no idea what to get Karl. Hell I already forgot his ring size, luckily Ashley is coming to help me pick a promise ring out.

"Nick! Honey! I'm here," I smiled when I saw Ashley walk in.

"Oh my gosh Ashley, thank you so much. I feel so bad that Karl is at home but this is worth it" Ashley nodded and headed towards the promise rings section.

We looked around and eventually I had a few choices on mind. One was a black and white pair, one with a black swirl and the other with a white swirl. The other option was a silver pair, with a heartbeat pattern in the middle.

"Nick they both are amazing but is there one that is better than the other?" I shook my head.

"uhm, I really like both."

I took another look at the rings, I really thought that they both fit me and Karl but maybe the heartbeat one is better because they match. I need to think about which one he'd like better.

"Which one do you think he'll like better?" I asked Ashley.

~*~^Karl's POV^~*~

Finally, my mom was home and she was smiling. A lot, like a lot a lot. I smiled too but I was suspicious.

"Mom, why are you smiling so much?" I asked,

"Surprises for later," she said and smiled.

"okay good to know," I didn't expect her to actually answer.

After a few minutes Nick walked in with the new happy couple, George and Dream.

"Hey love pigeons," I said,

"oh my gosh Nick don't tell me you turned Karl into a nerd on his birthday." Nick looked at them while they laughed,

"What- no- okay you know what just, happy birthday cutie." Nick said trying to get a sentence to come out of his mouth.

"Thank you Nick,"

"Happy birthday Karl," George said walking over to me and hugging me. "I can't believe you won the bet though," he whispered, I laughed.

"Thanks, now pay up." George rolled his eyes and handed me twenty-five dollars, "George I appreciate the extra but the bet was twenty dollars,"

"oh yeah I know, the five is from Dream." I nodded and smiled.

"Karl, Nick, and others? Did you guys multiply?" I laughed and so did the others.

"no mom, this is Dream and his boyfriend George." My mom nodded and smiled.

"okay boys come on and sit down, I'm going to check on Nick's mom."

When my mom left, Dream and George were smiling too much. Why is everyone smiling so much today?

"Nick you didn't tell us you were living with Karl," Dream asked,

"what- I mean- well-" Nick was a stuttering mess.

"Nick moved in and kept it down low because he hasn't fully settled in yet," Nick nodded thanking me.

"Good to know," George said dragging his sentence out and looking at Dream weirdly.

Dream pulled Nick aside and started to talk to him in the hallway, I shrugged it off. I talked to George,

"So George," I said getting his attention from his plate of food, "how are you and Dream?" I asked, George's eyes lit up and he smiled.

"So good, we have been having so much fun together knowing that we are dating now." George said, he seemed so happy.

Finally Nick and Dream came back from the hallway, to which Dream switched spots with Nick. Now Nick was sitting next to me, which I enjoyed more.

If only I could tell him

1109 words
A/N

ty guys for the support and all that, even if you are just reading it. It means a lot to me that you guys are reading my story. I'm going to try to upload more regularly it's just some stuff is going on so I'll try to stay a good author for you guys💗💗love you!!!