Coffee and a Cutie

You took a warming sip of your caramel macchiato. "Mmm." You said smiling to yourself. The smell was amazing, but the taste was better. It was coffee o'clock. It was six in the morning, and you were grabbing a quick dose of caffeine while you intended to work on a paper for college. You sat down at a table in the corner by yourself. Placing your backpack on the table, you pulled your laptop out of it.

Opening the laptop and powering it up, you stared at the blank screen. You had an assignment to write a short story for your Creative Writing class. 'What am I going to write?' You thought to yourself. Picking up the warm cup of coffee, you took another sip. The sugar had settled at the bottom, so you needed to stir it back up. You looked around for a plastic stirrer. You hadn't picked one up, so you went over to the table that held many packets of sugar, creamer, napkins, etc. You grabbed your plastic stick and walked back over to your table.

You heard the coffee shop door ring as someone walked in. You looked back towards the door and was distracted by the handsome profile of the man that came in. You stared at him and tried to sit in your chair but ended up missing it completely. Half your butt cheek landed on the seat, but it wasn't enough. You ended up tumbling to the floor, kicking the table and dumping your coffee all over your lap. You let out a huff as your butt hit the hard tile floor.

Someone had rushed over to you and asked if you were okay. He lifted you up by your elbow and looked at your coffee-stained lap. "Let me get some napkins!" He said alarmed. You stood up and wrung out some of coffee from the bottom of your top. You looked up at the man who was gathering napkins. He was gorgeous. He had blonde hair, but it was hidden under a white ballcap. He was wearing a jean jacket over a plain white t-shirt, with black skintight skinny jeans with black Chelsey boots.

The young man re-approached you with a handful of napkins and gave them to you quickly. "Thank you so much!" You smiled brightly up at him. "Tch, this is an awful start to the day." You continued, exasperated. You patted your lap and shirt with the brought napkins, but the stain was already set in. The man looking at you busted out laughing, as if he couldn't hold it in anymore. His eyes disappeared as he smiled. You looked up at him and was dazzled by such a beautiful smile. You must have looked shocked because his face went straight after that.

"Ahem." He said, clearing his throat. "I don't mean to laugh, but I do that all the time. Me and chairs don't seem to get along." He laughed again; his eyes vanished once more. You couldn't help but smile back at him. You searched his face. 'This is the most beautiful man I've ever seen.' You thought to yourself, and he was. He was so stunning it was almost unfair. He had beautiful brown eyes, a small, cute nose, and luscious pink lips and not to mention the brightest smile.

                He placed his hand on your shoulder and you snapped back into reality

He placed his hand on your shoulder and you snapped back into reality. "Are you sure you're alright? You hit the floor hard." He stifled back a laugh. "Yes, I'm fine, I'm just glad my coffee didn't ruin my laptop." You looked over at the puddle of coffee that laid on top of the table. Luckily it missed your laptop. He looked over at your open laptop and saw you had been writing. 

"Were you writing something?" He asked curiously. You nodded. "It's for this class, I'm stuck though." You smiled up at him and he returned it with a soft smile. You stared into his eyes for a moment when the cashier yelled out something. "Park, you're ready!" She held up a cup-holder full of six coffee cups. The thin man looked over at the register. "That's me, be more careful next time, bye!" He gave you a final smile and turned around to get his coffees. You briefly watched him leave and shamelessly checked out his butt, then made yourself look away.

The man had left the coffee shop and you kicked yourself. 'I should have talked to him more. He was incredibly stunning. Perfect from head to toe.' You decided to just go back home to work on your paper. You wrote better when you were in different places, but since your clothes were ruined, it was time to go home.

Upon arriving home, your roommate and best friend Anna was up and eating cereal. "Hey hot stuff!" She called out to you with a smile. "Whoa, what happened to your clothes!?" She was stunned at your stained outfit. You shrugged, "you know me, always a klutz." You shook your head. This was a normal occurrence for you. Anna giggled. You quickly sat down at the kitchen table with her. 

"You won't believe the absolutely gorgeous man that helped me after I fell out of my seat and dumped the coffee on myself. I wish I had snuck a picture of him, he was otherworldly!" Anna placed her finger to her lips. "Oh, tell me more!"

You quickly told her the full story and tried to describe this mystery man named Park. But your description was no where near good enough. "He ran over to me without a single thought and helped me up. His smile was hypnotizing, and his voice was so sweet like honey." You were just gushing over the friendly gentleman. 

"He even sympathized with me and said he had trouble with chairs too, whatever that meant." You giggled softly. Anna smiled at your expression. It made her happy to see you so invested in some stranger. You normally didn't pay attention to any guys; you kept your nose in books and studies.

"Yeah, too bad I'll never see him again." Your shoulders slumped. Anna thought for a second. "Well, the cashier already had his order ready, so maybe he is a normal there! You should stake the place out again!" She giggled deviously. Anna wanted you to see this man again as much as you did "Good idea!" You practically yelled, rubbing your hands menacingly together.