Misunderstood

It had been a week since you forced your number on Jimin, or that's how you saw it. But he had not texted you. Anna's role was to keep you positive and hopeful. "Maybe he's just busy." She would tell you. That only comforted you for a few days. Until your inner monologue got the better of you. You were starting to realize that you weren't going to hear from him, you weren't good enough for someone that gorgeous.

You were distracted after class one day though, when your classmate Ji-hoon approached you. He asked for your number and asked you out for coffee, a date. You told him yes. He was cute and seemed sweet, so why not?

Ji-hoon and you texted back and forth for a day and then you were ready for your coffee date with him. You told him about the shop you always frequented. They had the best coffees. And he anxiously agreed.

It was the day of your date, you decided to dress up. You chose a cute dress, a see-through kimono, and some cute tan wedge heels. You added some make up, jewelry and perfume. You honestly wanted to give Ji-hoon a chance, he seemed like a decent guy. You got ready to leave and informed Anna. "Have fun on your date!" She yelled after you and you left the apartment.

You met about midday at the coffee shop. Ji-hoon awkwardly greeted you with a half hug. He seemed to be nervous, you were too, but him more so. He bought your coffee for you, and you sat outside on the tables that were covered by the awning. It was a beautiful day, so why not drink outside. You two talked for quite a bit, joking about the professor and that weird girl that was in your class. You and Ji-hoon seemed to have some things in common. He wanted to be a writer like you, he liked the same shows and music that you did.

You were having such a good time, you wondered why you were even nervous in the first place. Ji-hoon was very sweet. He complimented on your outfit and told you it brought out your eyes and you slapped his shoulder flirtatiously.

Just after you gently struck him, a honey-like voice called your name. You looked in the direction of the sound, it was Jimin. He had his hand on the coffee shop door and had stopped when he saw you. "Hi Jimin!" You greeted him, smiling so big. You were in such a good mood. But your smile melted from your face. Jimin walked over to you looking so intimidating. His face was stone cold, he didn't look happy at all.

"This is Ji-hoon." You introduced him to Jimin, and he waved hello. Jimin only stared down at you. Looking very cold. Jimin could tell this was a date you were on. "You guys on a date?" He asked coldly. You were perplexed. He never acted like this before. He was very rude acting. "Yeah." You answered, feeling uncomfortable. "Why? I thought you were interested in me." Jimin said with an attitude. He seemed disgusted by this fact. Your mouth hung open, why was he being so rude?

                You looked down at your feet, feeling embarrassed

You looked down at your feet, feeling embarrassed. "Well, you didn't text me, so.." You trailed off. How can you be interested when he didn't text you like he said he would? "I was busy. Tch, typical. I'm forgotten about almost instantly as always." Jimin stated emotionlessly and walked into the coffee shop. Leaving you in shock and confusion. You apologized to Ji-hoon, for how Jimin acted and at the fact that you just wanted to go home now. You were all upset. You gave him a quick hug and left to drive yourself home. You watched as Jimin's eyes followed you from inside the coffee shop.

You were drowning in your thoughts as you drove home. You unlocked your apartment door and Anna bounced up to you. She was excited to hear about the date. But you looked as if you were almost in tears. "Was he a douche?" She asked, confused by your expression. You flopped down on your couch and told her everything that happened.

"I'm so confused." You confessed to Anna, who also looked confused. "Was he jealous?" She asked you. You just shrugged. "Jealous over what? He didn't show interest, I'm not to blame here." You spat out. You were basically mad at this point. Jimin had shown his ass and you didn't like it.

You went to bed early, without dinner. You were just a mixture of several emotions. You didn't understand anything about how Jimin had acted. You were checking your email to see if your paper had been graded when your phone notification went off. You picked it up and looked at it. The message was from a number you didn't recognize. But you knew who it might be once you read the message.

"Sorry I ruined your date." It read. Jimin, you figured. "

Jimin?" You typed back, wanting to be sure. He confirmed it. You huffed, you wanted to be mad at him, but he actually apologized, so he knew he was in the wrong.

"Yeah, you did ruin it." You typed back, you wanted him to know that you didn't appreciate that.

"I'm sorry, I truly am." You huffed again, you wanted to know why he did that.

"Why on Earth did you act like that?"

"I don't know, I have a stupid complex I guess."

"Well I didn't like that side of you." You wanted to be upfront. You didn't want to see him act like that again.

"Sorry. It's just." "Never mind."

"Nope, tell me Jimin."

"Well, I get a lot of attention, but as soon as people see my brothers, they forget about me. It always happens."

You thought a minute. His brothers? Did he mean his six best friends? Sure they were lovely; you had seen most of them. But something stuck out about Jimin to you. He was very unique, interesting, and absolutely stunning. How could anyone forget about him?

You wanted to tell him that, but you didn't really know this man. You wanted to tell him he was the most beautiful human being you'd ever laid eyes on. That his best friends were handsome too, but not like him. Maybe you only had eyes for him, in that sense.

"I didn't forget about you Jimin. You didn't text me and that guy asked me out."

"Don't you like me?" Your heart stopped at his text. Of course you did. You didn't like his jealously, but you definitely liked all the other aspects of him you had seen.

"Yes, but not the you I saw today."

"I'm sorry, again." "Can I take you on a date now?"

Your heart just died on you. It was no longer beating. A date with Jimin, a real date? Was he interested in you like that? You couldn't believe it. You sat there for a minute, staring at his question. You truly didn't like his jealous side, but you wanted to give him a chance. Anna would be upset if you didn't.

"Okay."

"Great! I'll plan something and get back to you!"

You couldn't help but smile. He was back to being his sweet self. The Jimin you liked best. You tried to go to sleep. You figured you would tell Anna tomorrow; you didn't want to rile her up before bed. You tossed and turned that night. Worrying about whether this was the right decision or not. As long as he didn't act that way again, all would be fine.