Born Singer

Monday arrived; you had worked relentlessly on your paper over the weekend. You got ready as you usually had. You were running out of cute outfits and just wore the one from the other day, since Jimin didn't show up anyway. You grabbed your laptop and bag and left to visit the coffee shop once more.

Traffic was unusually heavy, it made you late. Usually, you were at the coffee shop at six every morning sharp. But this time you were about a quarter after late. You walked up to the coffee shop door and noticed the lights were off. 

You scanned the area and saw a note. "Closed due to family illness, sorry for the inconvenience." Your shoulders slumped. No caramel macchiato today. You turned around to leave when you saw Jimin stepping out of that same black SUV. He walked up to the door and pulled on the door handle. 

"They're closed." You said sounding sad at the fact. "Oh, no. The guys need their coffee!" He almost seemed to panic. He quickly brought his phone out and started punching in a number. You decided to take this misfortune and turn it around in your favor.

"There's another shop that I like nearby. It's within walking distance." You pointed east. Jimin stopped typing and following your finger. He smiled brightly and seemed to appreciate the information greatly. "Please can you show me?" Your heart raced. "Absolutely!" You answered almost immediately. You were jumping at the chance to talk to him more than a few minutes and this was it. Jimin quickly typed something on his phone then gestured for you to lead the way.

After walking a few steps in silence, you broke it eagerly. "Who are you always buying coffee for?" He looked at you from the side. "My best friends who I work with." He smiled softly as he answered. You replied to him, "Wow, six best friends? You sure are a lucky guy. I only have one I can truly trust with my heart." 

Jimin looked at you completely now and smiled so big his eyes vanished. "Yes, I am lucky. There are actually seven of us, but one of them doesn't like coffee. They are like brothers to me." He was basically beaming as he talked about them. You smiled at this.

It had been a block already and you panicked. You needed to talk more before you got there. But he spoke up next. "My donut was delicious! Thanks again." He nodded, smiling largely. You stopped and turned to him. "I'm glad!" You smiled so brightly and big up at him, and he returned it. 

"I wanted to walk up to you sooner, but I was distracted by your singing. You have an amazing voice!" You started walking again and Jimin looked at his feet and his cheeks turned a tinge of pink. "Thank you. Sometimes I don't think it's very good." You stopped dead in your tracks again. You were astonished. 

"What?! No, it was beautiful from what little I heard." You couldn't believe he disagreed with you. Jimin kicked a nearby rock and kept looking down. "Sing something else for me, and I'll be honest!" You urged him. You honestly wanted to hear more; it was such a beautiful, sweet tone. He laughed loudly and held his hand over his mouth, covering it. "No! I wouldn't know what to sing." Jimin was getting shy on you. The way he walked and held his head and shoulders, you never would have imagined he would get shy.

"Come on!" You were begging him at this point. "If you don't, I won't show you where the coffee place is!" You were teasing him. Jimin laughed harder and slapped your shoulder lightly. His laugh was so infectious, you couldn't help but giggle along with him. 

"Jimin, Jimin, Jimin!" You started chanting, trying to give him the confidence he needed. His smile fell and a worried look replaced it. He looked around quickly, checking over his shoulder. "Shh! Okay, I'll sing while we walk."

You continued walking in the direction of the coffee shop and he began to softly sing 'We Don't Talk Anymore' by Charlie Puth. It was so beautiful and perfect. His tone and pitches were on point. Jimin had closed his eyes and was feeling the song. His singing became even more lovely, you couldn't believe it. 

"Jimiiin!" You shouted and slapped his arm gently. "Your singing is incredible!" He threw his head back and laughed loudly, slightly stumbling around. He was getting embarrassed by all the compliments. "Don't lie to me." He said finally after his laughing fit.

Stopping your gate again, you looked at him amazed. Was he deaf? "Jimin, in all honesty, it was beautiful. There wasn't a pitch out of place, you sang with so much emotion, it almost brought tears to my eyes. Your voice is so soothing, it's hard to explain." You put your fingers to your chin trying to put into words how his voice made your heart feel but got interrupted. 

Jimin had pulled you into a tight hug and had pinned your arms to your sides. "Thank you. I've been working on my singing so much. It's nice to hear that." He smiled down at you, and your face turned a deep red with how close his perfect body was to yours. "You're welcome." You managed to squeak out, despite your embarrassment. 'He smells heavenly.' You thought to yourself and rolled your eyes as you breathed it in again, but then he released you.

You two began walking again, Jimin spoke up and asked for your name finally. You told him and then the two of you arrived at the second coffee stop of the day. "Here we are!" You both walked in and Jimin checked his phone absentmindedly. 

"Do you mind if I go first? I'm running a little late now." Jimin looked worried so you let him go first. "Sure thing buddy." You gave him a giant smile. When Jimin stepped up to the counter, your eyes checked out his butt again. Raising your left eyebrow, 'Wow, even that bum is perfect.'  You smirked and unfortunately Jimin turned around and caught you. He smiled sweetly at you though. 

"Can I get yours to add to my order? You've been so nice I would like to buy your coffee." He gave you the nicest smile. You felt your heart race, because first you got caught checking him out and second because of that smile. You nodded and swallowed heavily. 'Whoops, he saw me.' You scratched your neck nervously.

After Jimin placed an ordered for the typical six coffees and your caramel macchiato, he paid. He handed you yours. "Thank you, you're very sweet!" You were beaming up at him. He walked over to the door and left his hand lingering on the handle before leaving. "See you around, let's chat next time we're both at the coffee shop." You smiled and Jimin stopped and turned around again. "I saw you, by the way. Did you like what you saw?" He winked and smiled, then left immediately. The black SUV was outside again somehow, and he crawled inside again.

                You watched him leave and the heat was rising to your cheeks

You watched him leave and the heat was rising to your cheeks. Jimin saw you, confirmed it and confronted you about it. Oddly enough he didn't seem put off by it. Then again, look at him. Someone that stunning surely got attention all the time. You bite your lip nervously. 'Wait until Anna hears about this.'  You pondered, knowing she was going to be elated.