--chapter thirty five-- george?

~present time in Florida~

~y/n pov~

"George?"

The brunette at the counter looks up from the attendant. He mumbles a 'thank you' to them as he walks towards me.

"Hi," he says, wringing his hands together, "Can we talk?"

My heart pounds a little faster. "Ye- Yeah," I stumble.

We walk down a random hall to get away from the people in the waiting room.

I turn to him once we stop walking, letting him be the first to speak.

"I want to apologize," is how he starts. "I want to say sorry for the way I acted. I don't know why I was such an idiot. I just.. I was scared. I was scared that once we were in a long distance relationship, that we would grow apart from each other. Like emotionally. Not just distance." He takes a deep breath. "Anyways, what I came all this way was to ask if you would give me a second chance?"

I stay quiet for a moment.

George flew to Florida all the way from the UK.. for me? He really flew here to apologize and ask for a second chance. He came here to tell me his feelings. George never talks about feelings.

I chew on my cheek. It was only less than a day ago that he didn't have the faith in us to be a long distance relationship. Do I really want to go back that fast? My first instinct is no. I hate being the person who goes back to someone after a break up.

But it's George.

I'm almost absolutely positive he's my person. I think I was meant to lose my passport just so I could meet him. That's the way the stars chose to play this one out.

And now here he is, standing in front of me and asking for me back.

"I don't expect you to take me back," George continues through my silence, "I was an idiot. I'm pretty sure you know that, but if there's anything inside of you saying yes, even if it's just an ounce, please at least consider me."

It's not just an ounce telling me to give him another chance. It's my entire being chanting 'yes' in the back of my mind. It's every piece of my heart leaning towards him.

I thought that I would be torn on whether or not to get back together with him, but now that he's here in front of me I know. I know that I want to try again.

I meet his eyes with a playful smile on my lips. "I've considered it."

George smiles back, "And the verdict is?"

"I think that I want to tell the stars about you, GeorgeNotFound. I want to tell them every day forever about how you make me happy."

He gives me a wide smile, waiting for me to say the actual words.

"And I think," i continue, "that that would only be possible if we tried again."

He laughs a bit in excitement and pulls me into a hug. He lifts me up slightly, causing me feet to leave the ground. He pulls me into a kiss. It's an I missed you kiss, an I can't believe I almost lost you kind of kiss. It's an I will never let you go again kind of kiss.

We pull away from each other as the sounds of footsteps draw nearer to our little corner hallway.

Nick rounds the corner. "Y/n? We've been looking for you. You're sister- What the?" he says as he recognizes George. He pulls him into a hug. "What's up man? Is this why you weren't answering any messages?"

"Sorry I was on a plane," George explains, "I had to get to someone really special."

"Gross." Nick scrunches his nose. "Don't get all mushy on me man."

We all laugh as we walk back to Cora's room, excited for George to meet the newborns.

"You're going to love them," Nick says as he tells George about the babies, "They're little bundles of joy."

George drops back a bit as Nick walks into the room.

"He seems very-" George starts to whisper.

"I know right?" I respond, knowing exactly what he's talking about.

"I didn't expect that," George laughs.

"I don't think anyone did."

--author's note--

sapnap would def get baby fever if he was around one

also ahh george! idk why i couldn't keep this particular couple apart for too long

also we're going to say george had a visa for a surprise visit to dream he was secretly planning and that's why he could get on the plane and stuff legally lol

the rest of the chapters will be posted tomorrow along with my new story called 'all we have is now'! it's a feral boys x oc (not poly)

have a great day :)